Library of Congress interior HDR experiments (6 images, DUW)

chakalakasp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bigstormpicture.com
I've been doing some interior HDR experimentation; it seems to be the optimal format for HDR work. I hesitate to call this architecture photography because the ultrawide by nature distorts the hell out of everything, but it's creating some good results. These were all done using multiple exposures (usually six exposures at 2 stop brackets), tripoded with cable release. Files were merged and downconverted using Photoshop.

Right. Distortion galore. I admit.
But I would still say these show us the architecture of that library hall all right. So for me they are architecture shots, if that is a correct way of calling them or not I don't care... and the outcome of your HDR is briliant. Every little detail shows up. I particularly and very much like the second photo here of the ceiling ... which looks very balanced and undistorted - but I also like the one after that WITH all its distortions. That one is funny in a way :D.
In short: I am impressed!

Superb! :thumbup:

All too often I see terrible processed HDR shots, but you've done a really good job here. Did you use CS, Photomatix, or do them yourself using Luminosity masks?

wow........ yea great HDR technique, superb detail and what a great place to use HDR...... plenty of detail and tones to capture :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back