Library Reading Room

The Barbarian

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
28628302334_a776466245_h.jpg

Before I read tirediron's response I thought the exact same thing. :)

I see what you mean. And your suggestion is a good one. Feel free to show us what you'd do with it.

My take on it, is that I am so affected by my vision at the time I take the shot, that I have a hard time objectively looking at the image thereafter. I wonder if that just me, or if that's a common experience.

To get a feel for it, I sat and briefly read at a table, and I was so taken by the copper and old wood, that I wouldn't have thought about cutting it out of the shot.

OMGOSH that is beautiful! Where in the world are you now? ( you travel a lot, right? )

That is the library reading room at Washington State University just north of Seattle. Spent a few weeks there, this summer, two of my sons live there, and it was kind of "the boys" getting together. I love that area.

I plan to retire next spring, and then I'll do some traveling.

Nicely done, I really like the wooden tables at the front. I'd like to see a bit more brightness in the ceiling.

The ceiling was quite dark, and the windows blown out in the best single image I took. Hence the HDR, to get the detail in the ceiling, and still have some color in the stained glass.

Nicely done, I really like the wooden tables at the front. I'd like to see a bit more brightness in the ceiling.

The ceiling was quite dark, and the windows blown out in the best single image I took. Hence the HDR, to get the detail in the ceiling, and still have some color in the stained glass.

This is a time when some folks would do stacking to combine a ceiling shot and a floor area shot. It would only make a small difference as the shot you have is good.

No shortage of detail in this image. Nicely done.

Dave

Most reactions

Back