Lie-in in the reeds

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning I went on a 2 1/2 hour walk to the river, along the river, throught the woods ... and this was among the first photos I took (it was about 8 at the time)

lieininthereeds.jpg

How do you like the play card effect?

I like this shot! :thumbup: I love how the reflection is nearly perfect and the photo is split 50/50.

:thumbup: Absolutely illusionary! :thumbup:

I like it very much but cant make up my mind if the split should be right in the middle or in the bottom third, i would like to see crops of both of course :).

Very, VERY well done! It takes a second to figure out where the reeds end and the reflection begins. If it weren't for that duck, I don't know if I'd be able to do it at all. :thumbsup: from me.

Thank you all ... and at first I was all unsure whether to post this one at all :lol: !!!

Well, Tim, I was thinking about a different crop that'd have moved the line of reality-vs-reflection to one of the thirds, and was actually contemplating the possibility of getting rid of the tiny ripples just above my pic-sig, you see them? A bit of wind must have been there so some blue from the very, very, VERY blue sky that we had yesterday reflects there, too. (Or it is water plants coming to the surface?) But I decided to leave those ripples in just so there is at least that one tiny indication of the fact that the bottom part is reflection.

I like it...the symmetry (top to bottom) is classic, I wouldn't "rule of thirds" it at all. The ripples are actually very nice (they contrast with the 'smooth as glass' water surface), I'd keep those as well.

However, if I look at it too long, the tightly spaced repeating pattern of the reeds starts to overload my brain, and I have to look away.

Yes, this photo has the same effect on me, too! I would not want to have it hanging on my wall as a huge enlargement. It'd drive me mad after a while!! :D

How do you like the play card effect?

Took me a long time to figure out what you actually meant ;)

nice image and I like the effect. getting in closer would have been nice, but that was certainly not an option here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back