Life After Death

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by SCguy, Mar 21, 2008.

1. SCguy

SCguy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this today and it just made me think of the entire natural life cycle. Something is born, lives, dies, and is replaced. (No, I didn't kill the fish, it was lying dead on the bank)

[​IMG]

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

RD

2. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It's a really interesting concept, and I like the shot, but I wish there was more of a distinction between the dandelion and the fish, they mesh into each other too much in my mind. Although, on some levels, that might actually work to the shot's advantage, I'm not sure.

Still though, nice shot, I like it, a lot.

3. SCguy

SCguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks, I was kind of thinking about the dandelion blending in too much. There was a price to pay for this pic, however. It must have been rotting for a day or two and when I knelt that close to it, the smell upset my stomach for close to an hour.

RD

4. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've been milling it over, and I'm not sure, but is there any way in post-processing to separate the dandelion from the fish at all? Are there any PhotoShop experts around? It'd be interesting to see if there was an effective way to get just a little bit more distinction, it might make all the difference. And yeah, fish can smell pretty rancid. I hate fish. But I like this shot.

5. SCguy

SCguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't have PhotoShop, but I do have Gimp. I tried a selective sharpen. This any better?

[​IMG]

RD