Life finds a place

xs400

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xsrider.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this shot about a week ago and have been thinking about it quite a lot. I would appreciate any C&C on this shot. Thanks, Frank

complimentary3.jpg

I like it. It is nicely lit, well coloured, rust orange and fresh green look ever so good together, and it shows that actually nature is a lot stronger than we would think. Trees can grow out of abandoned houses, and a bit of moss and water soon offer enough soil for a plant to grow out of a rusty pipe.

Have you maybe also got a photo with some more context. I am curious now, that's why I'm asking.

I like it. It is nicely lit, well coloured, rust orange and fresh green look ever so good together, and it shows that actually nature is a lot stronger than we would think. Trees can grow out of abandoned houses, and a bit of moss and water soon offer enough soil for a plant to grow out of a rusty pipe.

Have you maybe also got a photo with some more context. I am curious now, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks for your comments.

What do you mean by "a photo with some more context". I did take a few more shots at the same location. It is located at an old bridge that is closed to traffic.

thats an awesome shot and i love the rust colors as well. good shot and cant wait to see more.

Nice pic

I cant find anything wrong where

Thanks for your comments.

What do you mean by "a photo with some more context". I did take a few more shots at the same location. It is located at an old bridge that is closed to traffic.

Nice shot. I like the "man vs. nature" theme.

I think LaFoto means she would like to see a wider shot, just to see what the metal thing is that the plant is growing in...to get a sense of what and where it is.

Nice shot. I like the "man vs. nature" theme.

I think LaFoto means she would like to see a wider shot, just to see what the metal thing is that the plant is growing in...to get a sense of what and where it is.

Thanks for your comments. And thanks for clearing up LaFoto's comment as well.
Frank

Ah, thanks for explaining what I meant by "more context" for me, Marcus. I had to leave the house and only got back this morning (which is night for all of you who you are on the other side of "The Pond"). Yes, that's what I meant. Like seeing this quite cute and endearing find of the tiny plant in that pipe made me wonder what the entire site looks like, and how tiny that plant would actually be in a broader context, i.e. with more of the surroundings to be seen.

Thanks for all the comments on my pic. Here is another shot showing a larger view. This shot was taken early in the morning and with the sun shining directly on the pipe, however, it shows more of the area around this small plant. The shot in the first post was taken in the morning a day earlier, but it was cloudy and the light was not as harsh. The different lighting made a real difference in the colors.

IMGP5094-full.jpg

Funny, here you have a combined Nature-Conquers-Industry photo and self portrait! ;)

...and self portrait.

By self portrait, I assume you mean the shadow on the right. That is actually the shadow of pipes behind the large rusty pipe. But the shadow does indeed look like someone taking a picture. My shadow is not in the picture.

Ah! :idea:
So I was fooled ;) ...

Most reactions

Back