Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
....is rather sucktastic lately.

I'll start at the beginning.

About 3-4 weeks ago my transmission started to slip on the down shift, something it does if it gets low on oil. I put oil in it, and about 20 miles down the road, it was slipping on the downshift.....oil leak. I figured it was in the first place, as I've had the exact same thing happen a few years ago...wasn't too expensive a fix, really...last time I think it was like $35 to fix it.

I couldn't get the car in right away....not a big deal so long as I keep oil in it. During the time I was waiting to get it fixed, the starter began to go, too. When it rains it pours, right?

Yeah, you ain't heard nothin' yet.

I got my car in last Wednesday to get the leak fixed. It was a gasket in the oil pan or something like that. They replaced that, replaced the filter, and also removed all the little metal and plastic pieces from the oil pan. All said and done, around $90. Not too bad.

Wait, what did you say, Corry? Did you say metal and plastic pieces in the oil pan?

Why yes, that's exactly what I said.

What does that mean, Corry?

That means that something inside my transmission is breaking, and though it's running fine now, there is no way to tell when it will go...but it WILL go.

Greaaaaat!

So I've been going really easy on my car when I drive it, and trying to come up with the funds to replace the transmission.

Yesterday, I drove to my gramma's house to visit with her, as I do every Monday. She had a list of things she needed from the grocery store, as she does every monday.

But my car liked it at Gramma's house. It didn't want to go shopping. Or home. Or anywhere. It wanted to sit at gramma's house.

Oh, did I fail to mention the battery light came on over the weekend? Yeah, it did. It was running fine and starting fine, and I couldn't get it in to check it out for a couple of days anyway, so I didn't think anything about going to gramma's house.

Anyway, I tried to start it, and it didnt' start.

But no, it wasn't the starter. I may not be a mechanic, but even I knew it wasn't the starter. I could hear the starter firing. It wasn't the battery, either. At least not totally. My electronics all came on.

No, my alternator died. Tried jumping the car, but didn't make it all the way out of the driveway. When I shifted from R to D it died again. Jumped it again....didn't make it more than a mile.

Jumped it again, and my uncle drove it back to my gramma's, put it on a battery charger overnight, and loaned me his old beater work car for the night to get home. (I should mention I did all of this while having my 5 year old Pointer mix in tow, in 90 degree heat)

There was enough charge in the battery to get it back to town and back to my mechanic's today. That's where it sits now.

I have an appointment in 30 minutes to try and get a small loan, cuz that's the only way I can pay for all of this....some good luck vibes would be appreciated. I NEED this loan.

I am supposed to start school in two weeks.

Something has ALWAYS happened to keep me from going to school, and it looks like fate is trying like hell to keep me from going to school this year....well, I'm not havin it. One way or another, this NEEDS to work out.

I can't even tell you how stressed I am right now.

If it weren't for Joe talking me down last night when I was like, an inch from a nervous breakdown, I'd probably be in a padded room right now.

Feeling better today, but getting nervous about this loan. So....good thoughts for me, please!

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Might I enquire as to the brand of millstone you're stuck with? It doesn't sound good, I have to say. Hope you get it sorted soon, but there is a lesson in there somewhere, something to do with a stitch in time sort of thing.

Yeah, well the stitch in time thing doesn't really apply here.

It was not possible to take my car to the mechanic over the weekend when he was closed.

The transmission I didn't even know about until it was discovered while fixing an unrelated problem.

Here's what I like about living in a small town....

....I have yet to fill the loan application out, and I got the loan.

I don't have the money yet obviously....we're going to wait to put a price tag on the loan til I get the total on the bills.

Good vibe from down here too! Don't let anything stop you from going to school, get a moped! ;)

It's all going to work out! Think of it this way...instead of trying to keep you from school, maybe it's trying to make sure you go, so you can get that big fat paycheck in a few years ;)

Get a Smart. About the same price as a moped :lmao:

smart2.jpg

Well, last week when I first found out about the transmission problems, I immediately entered every new car sweepstakes I could find online....one of em was a smart car....so, ya never know.

However, I would prefer a Mustang, thank you.

Which reminds me...I should enter a few more sweepstakes tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back