Life Is Static Cumulative Project

William Petruzzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.petruzzo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a project I worked on with my local community over several weeks, a couple years ago. As I'm increasing my presence on the web now, I'm sharing it again. Thought I'd share it with the folks here and see what your reactions are.

3744473897_f4e4723465_o.jpg

Its a nice idea and a good effect but the image does not stand alone without explaination; I have no idea what it means (maybe I am just not 'deep' enough).

The coffee brush looks nice but again I am not sure what it has to do with the image other than to frame the subject in the bottom right, but I am still at a loss as to why.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

LJ

Do you know the name of the guy in the fifth frame of the top row? I think I know him...

Are we thinking of the same person?

I know a guy called Matt Hojo who looks...
Allot like the guy in that pic

But he lives in England I'm sure, not washington

After looking at it for about 30 seconds, my reaction is that everyone seems to be stairing at me with disappointment. The piece makes me feel uneasy since most of the looks I get from the portraits have a not so happy reaction. The guy in the buttom right seems like we we have something in common or we are in the same team since we're looking towards the same direction. Feels like we're in a line to turn around and be depressed like the rest...stuck in a box.

haha don't know if that made any sense but sure made me feel that way.

This just looks like an everyday (or every year) School Year book, I think it would be better if you got them to look towards another picture i.e. Top left looking t othe right, him looking down etc... but do it in a way that will make you lead to the bottom image (if you get what i mean.) or make it like a maze, follow where the person is looking

:lol: I love the comments here sometimes.

I think it's a very neat picture. I agree that I'm not TOTALLY sure what you're doing with it, and I'd like to understand the thought process, but the effect is cool.

Making the VERY rash assumption that I have ANY idea what your intent was here, I wonder if it would have been better if you got everyone to be closer in size in the frame... like that 5th guy is way further away in the frame than most of the othere (you see all of his shoulders, more of his shirt, less of his face).

I'm also making the rash assumption that the dude in the lower right is the person this picture is intended for? Also neat. Again, not sure what it says, but neat.

I totally don't get the coffee stain. Also neat. :lol:

Regardless... neat.

Did I mention neat?

After looking at it for about 30 seconds, my reaction is that everyone seems to be stairing at me with disappointment. The piece makes me feel uneasy since most of the looks I get from the portraits have a not so happy reaction. The guy in the buttom right seems like we we have something in common or we are in the same team since we're looking towards the same direction. Feels like we're in a line to turn around and be depressed like the rest...stuck in a box.

haha don't know if that made any sense but sure made me feel that way.

That has to be my favorite personal interpretation I've heard yet.

:lol: I love the comments here sometimes.

I think it's a very neat picture. I agree that I'm not TOTALLY sure what you're doing with it, and I'd like to understand the thought process, but the effect is cool.

Making the VERY rash assumption that I have ANY idea what your intent was here, I wonder if it would have been better if you got everyone to be closer in size in the frame... like that 5th guy is way further away in the frame than most of the othere (you see all of his shoulders, more of his shirt, less of his face).

I'm also making the rash assumption that the dude in the lower right is the person this picture is intended for? Also neat. Again, not sure what it says, but neat.

I totally don't get the coffee stain. Also neat. :lol:

Regardless... neat.

Did I mention neat?

You wouldn't be wrong in assuming that the guy in the bottom left represents the person the project was originally intended for.

You wouldn't be wrong in assuming that the guy in the bottom left represents the person the project was originally intended for.

The coffee stain is to redirect to the focal point?

I like it. It has a very uniform feeling to it. But I will say (IMO) that its hard to give criticism on art. Cause its not about the final product, its about the feelings it took to get there.

Then again, I'm probably wrong. I would have no clue how to grade an art class, or determine a value to a work of art. To me they're worth infinitely more to the artist.

The coffee stain is to redirect to the focal point?

Yes

I like it. It has a very uniform feeling to it. But I will say (IMO) that its hard to give criticism on art. Cause its not about the final product, its about the feelings it took to get there.

Then again, I'm probably wrong. I would have no clue how to grade an art class, or determine a value to a work of art. To me they're worth infinitely more to the artist.

I think that's a good sentiment. Art is usually more valuable to the artist themselves. Art is more than the final product, it's also the intention that the process that brought that piece of artwork about.

While I like the final product of this project, the art itself has almost ceased to exist because far more of it was wrapped up in creating it that in producing something. But, it's seen a bit of an awakening with this thread inciting thoughts from members of the community.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back