Life's simple pet peeves

Getting the child I'm babysitting down for a nap and finally asleep when the garbage truck pulls up and commences banging.

:banghead:

When you are trying to get off the train but the individuals trying to get on crowd the door hence you (usually solo) have to push back a mob as they glare at you for holding them up.

People who tail gate you when you are going 10km/h over the speed limit already and the lanes on either side of you are completely empty.

i hate it when people have a f***ing reunion in the middle of the grocery aisle that i need to be in. they are too self centered to notice that they have the whole aisle blocked and no one can get through!!!

all i want to do is buy that damn can of cat food. take it home and open it up so the little self serving SOB cat can turn his nose up and refuse to eat it and never appreciate the fact that i got so PO'd at the store that i practically stroked out.

i hate it when people have a f***ing reunion in the middle of the grocery aisle that i need to be in. they are too self centered to notice that they have the whole aisle blocked and no one can get through!!!

all i want to do is buy that damn can of cat food. take it home and open it up so the little self serving SOB cat can turn his nose up and refuse to eat it and never appreciate the fact that i got so PO'd at the store that i practically stroked out.

:hug::

I hated it that in the USA you have to pay for your fuel before you fill the car up. I mean seriously! How frikkin annoying. Then if you don't use the amount you paid for you have to go in again anyway and get change!!! ARGHGHGH!

And, I hate speed limiting on my internet.

and.... I hate it when there's a bit of condensation in your fridge and it runs down the back to the bottom vege drawer and all your veges go soggy... or they just plain freeze coz the fridge decided to turn in to a freezer for some damn reason.

Last time That happened to me I damn near got kicked out of the store.

Tell me I'm rude....:angry1: :soapbox:

The Human Race ....... not every day ..... just most ......

I hate the sight of disrespectful kids (or people in general) towards other people. The thought of watching a teenager rolling his eyes or saying "phhtt... whatever!" to his mom makes me want to beat his little "pretend thug" hiney!

And don't get me started on the pants below the butt thing! "I do not want to see your skid-mark stained underwear!"

<god... it's good to vent>

"And another thing..." =op

i can't post in this, my list will be far to long... :lol:

Mobile phones used in restaurants or sitting along side you in trains so you feel that you have to talk quietly to your companion. I asked one soul if the conversation was private or could all of us in the carriage join in - went down well with the rest of the travellers as he seemed to feel it was necessary to shout at the thing.

People stopping at the end of an escalator, blocking the way... or having a conversation on onse side of a crystal door... and when you approach the other side they just remain there, blocking the way.

Oh, and people who crytizice one thing and eventually do the same.

I hate driving an hour in L.A. traffic to go 13 miles to work, and that's one way... every friggin' day..

I hate when you go to a tiny restaurant with about 10 parties waiting and someone that's finished with their meal is sitting there chatting for a half hour.

Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead! Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead! Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead! Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome!

Searches stress the searvers, If memory serves me correctly too many being done at once from many IPs or consecutivly from one IP could result DNS failure, but I could be wrong.
Nah, DNS is distributed by your ISP's DNS server, or in my case, OpenDNS... searches get the server to look in database for data not necessarily in order (data is stored in rows, sometimes searches fetches rows that are very far apart). The database engine is quite a pig, it'll eat up all the resources it can, so there's a limit on how often you can search because it puts stress on the database engine and slows everything else down. Now it's not so bad for dual and quad core servers, but it would still slow down the forums.

I hope that makes sense, anyway... my pet peeve... hum, I'd say smartasses who think they **** gold out their ass.

Most reactions

Back