Life's simple pleasures (an ongoing thread)

I just talked to my English teacher from last semester who has pretty much become a friend and mentor to me. He is the first person I asked to write a letter of recommendation for the $2000 scholarship I am applying for (and the one that discovered that I can have more than one faculty member nominate me and write letters...up to three). He turned in my entire application packet with all three letters of recommendation this morning. He said that, though he doesn't get to view other students' applications, he feels I have a very good chance, and that my application was very strong.

I am feeling REALLY good about this! :D I can't wait to find out! :)

I'll have to organise today's simple pleasures in a numbered list. :p

1) It's GORGEOUS OUTSIDE!!!

2) My English Comp II teacher LOVES what I have so far on my research paper, and told me that I'm needlessly worried about the assignment.

3) I'm back to the point that, though it's killing my foot, I'm LOVING working out everyday, and look forward to it. I'm feeling great about my body again, and I'm actually noticing a difference in my arm muscles (I've never had good upper body strenght at all, and my flabby arms need toning BIG TIME)

4) I found out that IT IS STILL POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET AN A IN PHYSICAL FITNESS!!! I had pretty much resigned myself to a B, because I had started so late (you have to make at least 36 visits to the fitness center during the course of the semester...shoulda been an easy A for me) due to Nicole's accident, and then wasn't going as much as I should after that due to my foot hurting so much all the time. Anyway, today I found out that 1) the March of Dimes walk I'm doing Sunday with school counts as two visits, and the end of year physical assessment counts as two visits. I'M IN LIKE FLYNN, BABY!!!!

What number am I on? Oh yeah....

5) I've been jonesin to play baseball BIG TIME, so I dug out my glove in anticipation. While at it, I found a gift I'd give Erik....a baseball with a picture of us printed on it. I gave it to him for our 2nd anniversiary. It has a plastic case that goes along with it, but it's in peices because the genius decided to throw it against the wall (near me, but not *at* me) in anger one night. Bastard. Anyway...that baseball is now sitting here inside my glove. I'm slamming it out of the park next time I play baseball. It will be very therapeutic. :p

6) I also found a picture of my entire children's group, me, my volunteers, and the person who was the children's advocate at the time (LOVED HER!!!). It's from 2005...it includes our former teen advocate, Phil, who was HOT AS HELL and so funny and nice!!! Anyway, the picture makes me smile. I can't believe how much these kids have grown, either!

There are two monks eating twisty (half vanilla, half chocolate) ice cream cones downstairs in front of my apartment. (I live next door to an ice cream place)

The cat I'm babysitting draping himself across my lap and gently purring.

I just finished my English final....we had to take it online through blackboard during class, so we immediately got our grades. When I finished, 3/4 of the class was already finished, with only about 6 or 7 people left after me....I had to go up and ask Mrs. Robinson a question before I left, and while I was up there, she whispered a congratulations to me, because so far, I was the only one in the class who had an A on the final!!!!!! How sweet is that!?

It was 100 questions, and I missed 5.

Now to go study for my biology test for an hour in hopes of not bombing it.

Taking my 2 year old daughter to the zoo. No camera, no wife, just me and her having father daughter time. Did that yesterday. (FYI - I do like when the wife goes too).

Knowing that after today I don't have math class for the whole summer!!! WAHOOOO!!!

And finally having nice weather so I can get some sun.

I got word today that I am the recipient of a $2,000 scholarship for the 08-09 school year. :) I will also be the guest of honor at a dinner being held by the organization that offers the scholarship. :)

I am over the moon. :)

My 10mo old's breath. Breastfed babies have the nicest breath. Sigh.

This has to be the creepiest and yet the coolest, most intriguing statement I've ever heard. Perhaps I don't get it because I was the youngest child in my family, and have never really been around babies before. Even having said that, this is truly a statement that only a mother would make.

Right now, its 2 in the morning, and I have food poisoning. While I was throwing up last time, I look over to see my dog absolutely petrified. When I was done, she came up to me, jumped into my lap, per her paws on my shoulder and laid her snout on my neck. I had to hold her and cuddle her like a baby for about 3 minutes cause she was so scared for me.

Especially at our lowest points, knowing someone is there who cares about us feels good.

Freshcut flowers from my garden....delphineums of deep purple and light blue/lilac, and pink peonies that smell divine

Most reactions

Back