Light armour class

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first one was really difficult because it was so black, and the ccd could not cope with the lattitude on the branch that i found it so unfortunatly the only way to see it and no blown out highlights was to use a dark background, I think it is a female stag beetle (shot with a polorizing filter to keep the glare down), Is it any better glare wise than the last one?
The second two are the same before and after landing, i was just pleased to get it on the wing and the second is so as some cleaver person out there can tell me what it is please, a long horn beetle but what type? I am sorry about the blown out petals but it is just to identify what the picture above is of.
The third one i have no idea, but it is very small (4mm) and jumps.

The fourth is just there because i like the background and would have liked the same type of thing in the other ones.

The last one is my favorite of the the animals just because to me it looks like a comical version of the bugs in starship troopers, not sure what species it is though.

stag_01.jpg

1a
stag_02.jpg

longhorn_01.jpg

2a
longhorn_02.jpg

spring_beetle_02.jpg

silver_beetle_01.jpg

black_beetle_01.jpg

thanks for looking

tim

I like the action in photo 2. great ability to capture the bee in what appears to be a stinging motion.

Many thanks indeed guys.

SeaMyFeet, it was one of about 20, it was flying from flower to flower and landing on each, the flower is is just out of picture, and the only one that was nearly sharp enough.

Twinphotography, it needent be too expencive, this was taken with an old sigma 105 bought second hand, just at a high f stop. I look forward to the pics when they come :).

Tim

Incredible shots. Reminds me very much of the art I'd see in Heavy Metal magazines back in the 70's. They ever have little guns mounted on 'em?

Most reactions

Back