Light Box...

ShootHoops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ariellemyers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is in the right place. But the other day I was stranded without internet access, and bored beyond my imagination. So I decided to try to make my own little light box. I used one of my mom's old shoe boxes and two sheets of plain printer paper. I set up my tripod at it's minimum of 13" and started shooting away. Here's what I came out with:

LightBox040.jpg

LightBox056.jpg

LightBox058.jpg

LightBox060.jpg

Now keep in mind that these pictures aren't expected to be the greatest in the world. It was just an experiment. I wanted to know if these looked like they were taken with the use of a light box. Thanks! :D

The shadows are relatively well diffused, but what bothers me is that these are underexposed big time. You need to understand that your meter is trying to make your background 18% gray.

I think they look ok. But I dont know much! lol! I made my own light box as well out of pvc pipe and a white sheet. I can give you instructions if you want. It was farirly easy and cheap! here is a shot I took to test it out:
100_0935.jpg

and heres one with a black background:
sketch2.jpg

nice photos. it seems your efforts of making a light box where rewarded.

would you post a picture of the actual lightbox itself for us to see.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure exactly how bright these should be. Here's the "light box" itself:

LightBoxItself.jpg

Just a small shoe box.

A little more info for you guys. This is the parts that you will need. Make sure you get STREET ELBOWS. Not regular ones.
parts.jpg

Oh yeah, and CPVC cement.
I used 1/2 inch CPVC pipe and fittings.
Dry fit everything together before you glue. Lay all the pieces on a flat suffice and put all part together to make sure they fit. Then do one corner at a time glue the parts together. Make sure you square each part with the other as you glue it. The glue is not real fast so you do have time to get the part squared up with the others.
glue.jpg

Glue the Caps on the legs.
Install the Street Elbows on the legs but DO NOT GLUE.
Lay top frame on a flat surface. Put the glue on the street elbow and glue it to the top frame. Make sure it is square to the top frame. I used a carpenter square. Let it set for a minute or so and then finish the other 3 leg in the same way. And there yu go!

Special thanks to zombie for the info! I'm sure my dad will have a good time building this for me. He likes that kinda stuff, so why not. :lol:

(800th post) :wav:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back