Light Bright

randrx2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has this been done before? I saw the shot and took it trying to be creative. (That is the sun behind the light, this is midday).

_DSC5496.jpg

Odd perspective... it looks as though I'm looking down at the light. Was that the case?

The branches are a little busy and distract me.

good idea, but this image in particular needs context.

Odd perspective... it looks as though I'm looking down at the light. Was that the case?
Classic Escher syndrome, but on my monitor a subtle center detail gives it the looking up feel.

-Shea

Thanks for the critique.

I never thought of the perspective thing but I see it now.

Sw1tchFX, what do you mean by context?

I was thinking this may be better at sunset with the sun lower in the sky. Of course, I may need a ladder.

Sw1tchFX, what do you mean by context?

Well, where is this post? as far as we know, it's floating in a blue space with a few branches.

I really like the concept. Do it again. I'm into the abstract myself...

good idea, but this image in particular needs context.

That's ridiculous. Read his OP: "I was trying to be creative". If you truly believe you need to see the base of the pole for this to be a quality art shot then you have no business critiquing it.

On the shot itself, I like it, a lot. The pole and branches provide an interesting texture, and I've always personally had a kind of photographic fetish for light posts. As for the sun shining through, yeah, I guess it's interesting but it doesn't make or break the shot for me. Feels kind of like a gimmick, and not really necessary (though not bad either).

At first I didn't notice the sun, I thought the light was just on, shining really brightly...

That's ridiculous. Read his OP: "I was trying to be creative". If you truly believe you need to see the base of the pole for this to be a quality art shot then you have no business critiquing it.
:lmao:

I think those two should settle this over a dodge ball match!!!
:playball:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back