Light Meters

myfotoguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have inherited a few things. Among the wonderful gifts are some light meters. Does anyone know where a good source is for manuals for these types of things? Do you know anything about the following? Some of them seem self explanatory though.

1. Gossen Ultra-Pro (Digital): I can figure out the basics, but it also seems to have some advanced features. One thing that look interesting is a "COLOR" setting. not sure if this is for WB, that would be cool. It doesn't seem to have an on/off switch.
  2. Gossen Luna-Pro (Analog needle type)
  3. Minoltla Auto Meter III
  4. Asahi Pentax Spotmeter V

Gossen's manuals are available on their website. Try surfing the websites of the others. Am pretty sure they have downloadable manuals of every model

Thanks Stryker, I'll check it out. These are "older" models I didn't see on the manufacturers site. I'll take another look.

Thanks for the links, that's awesome! Great source of info there!! :)

That Pentax spot meter was a coveted item before the advent of in camera meters. Still useful for users of older manual cameras in all formats. It's a narrow beam (1 degree) reflected light meter. The Gossens are better suited for incident light. Incident light meters are still very much in use, especially in studio settings. I still use my old Luna Pro Six with flash trigger, very handy when setting up multiple lights.

Most reactions

Back