Light painting CC

a.rodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF0055.jpg

Waaaay too noisy, not sharp at all, I can see what you were going for... I think, but it didnt work.

What ISO did you use?

^exif says 200, which shouldn't give that kind of noise. Must be something done in post processing ...

But I agree, too noisy, but I do love light painting!

it could be the background behind me, there was no pp done at all

there was no pp done at all

Why not?
I always find it interesting when people say that.
If it is the background, then step away from it, your too close to it, and its not helping the shot. I think there needs to be something sharp in the picture.

alrighty, i tried doing some photoshop work. im not very good but this is what i got

DSCF0055-1.jpg

It's eerie looking, like supernatural kind of..

You're probably very limited to what kind of settings you can use on that (somewhat old) hybrid point and shoot Fuji.. If you really like light painting get an entry level DSLR and a shutter release cable and you can leave the shutter open as long as you like..

hopefully ill be able to buy a DSLR soon, but right now im 16 years old, still looking for a job, and i have about 50 bucks :lol:

the fuji im using is actually VERY old haha. i think we got it about 10 years ago when DSLRs were just becoming available for everyone.

I was not aware you were shooting with an old point and shoot. If its all you have, use it, have fun, learn composition and lighting, then once you get a SLR, you will have a good start.
I still say its noisy, but I think I understand why now.

Its really not noisy... at all.

Anyways, for the camera you used it looks like a decent result.
I would try experimenting more tho with the way the light flows.. in this instance i think the vertical line kinda breaks it up too much... but i like that your still in shot rather than it just being about the light.

i'm still a beginner and i really dont know much about light painting but i like the feel of the photo,good luck

thanks for the comments. i'll continue playing around with light painting and hopefully will gain a little more knowledge about it.

Most reactions

Back