Light painting?

Anywhoo I thinkt here's a smoking dope thread somewhere else. I will not smoke weed or get high to do my shoots.

Back to photography. I think the smoke and Laser pointer could be cool yeah.

That's right, above the influence! YEAH! :thumbup:

Hubris is the shield carried by the ignorant. Just sayin.
Buckster, that is very impressive. I've not spent a lot of time messing with light painting but I've seen some impressive abstract shapes and designs that were quite inspiring.
On a side note, if you want to have fun with the kiddies try this some time....
I have a six yr old nephew who's into those kung fu cartoons so when I went to visit I took my flash and had some fun. After the sun went down we got some sparklers and posed him in a tough Kung Fu pose with his palms facing out to the side, then we used the sparklers to make it look like he was shooting flames out of his hands out of frame before popping off the flash. He was over the moon. Fun stuff.

Sounds interesting.. can you show us pics? Like Dragonball kamehameha punch? (something like that)

Buckster, that is very impressive. I've not spent a lot of time messing with light painting but I've seen some impressive abstract shapes and designs that were quite inspiring.
I have a six yr old nephew who's into those kung fu cartoons so when I went to visit I took my flash and had some fun. After the sun went down we got some sparklers and posed him in a tough Kung Fu pose with his palms facing out to the side, then we used the sparklers to make it look like he was shooting flames out of his hands out of frame before popping off the flash. He was over the moon. Fun stuff.

Sounds interesting.. can you show us pics? Like Dragonball kamehameha punch? (something like that)

Something like this......http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/nintendo-ds/dragon-ball-z.jpg Unfortunately my WD Passport drive took a **** while I was traveling and I lost a lot of photos. My brother has one on his hard drive though, maybe I'll see if I can get it. The funny thing is the shot was "planned for months", as I did a test run when I went up there for the 4th of July and had all of these cool ideas hit me on the plane ride back. Went back there a few weeks ago and tried them out. Some of them didn't work like I had hoped. I wanted to do a "ring of fire" and have my nephew jump through it but the fire still showed where he was and it just looked awkward.

I suppose this deserves consideration!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the "throwing fire image" did he just clench the sparkler in between his palms or what? Because I actually have a photo of me with a bunch of glow sticks on my hand on strings and i rotated them and it looks like I got a ball of "fury" in my hands. Looks kind of cool I guess I was trying things out so im wearing some geeky shorts with just a t-shirt not really into the whole dress-up thing yet haha.

For the "throwing fire image" did he just clench the sparkler in between his palms or what? Because I actually have a photo of me with a bunch of glow sticks on my hand on strings and i rotated them and it looks like I got a ball of "fury" in my hands. Looks kind of cool I guess I was trying things out so im wearing some geeky shorts with just a t-shirt not really into the whole dress-up thing yet haha.

Steel wool grade 0 and finer (00, 000) are flammable. You can attach a pad to a wire or string and spin it around and create a shower of sparks. Here is the trick, it only showers sparks when you spin or move it so some kind of spin works best. The air gets in it and fuels it so the faster you swing the more sparks you get. I use a string and wire combination
Create Great Light Painting Imagery Using Fireworks | DIYPhotography.net

:sexywink:

My Cameras: Canon 5D MK II (9/16/10) | Canon T1i (7/21/10)

Mo, is there any significance for the dates beside the cameras in your sig?

No, my brother worked 2 sparklers while I held the camera steady on top of a trash can (can't fit my tripod on a carry-on). He made a swirling ball in front of the hands and then worked his way off frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back