Light problem...Please help!

kamilla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just bought my first lights Allien Bee unit. I took reading with the light meter, than connect the unit with my camera(nikon D70) next I push the button the light flashed but my display is black . I also set my camera to commander mode and still everything is black. Thank you for any help.

I just bought my first lights Allien Bee unit. I took reading with the light meter, than connect the unit with my camera(nikon D70) next I push the button the light flashed but my display is black . I also set my camera to commander mode and still everything is black. Thank you for any help.

What is the mode of the camera and what shutter speed are you shooting at. I suggest you set the camera to "M" mode and set the Aperture and Shutter speed manually. Are you using a hot shoe "Synchro X" cable adapter or are you using a radio remote control unit to trigger your flash?

Always shoot with your camera on manual when using studio lights. A good start would be to set your camera to: speed 125, aperature 5.6, ISO 100. Then adjust your light powers until you are happy with the results.After that it will be easy to adjust your camera settings to the desired aperature and speeds.
No need for a light meter, you can visualize your results with digital.

Commander mode is for using the SB-600 or SB-800 trigered by the onboard flash ONLY! It should not be set if not triggering one of the above flash units.

Most reactions

Back