Light Seal kits

Anyone recommend any places online to get light seal kits? TIA

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app
USCamera Premium Light Seal Kits for Canon Contax Minolta Nikon Olmypus Pentax Plus More | Summer Sale | Kits Starting $4.00 | uscamera.com

These are the foam strips with tape already on them. A wooden dowel sanded down to correct size or plastic sanded down to correct size works to get out the old seal and glue. Cover your shutter with paper and tape it down to keep gook out. Don't use anything metal to scrape out the old seal.

I just get them from ebay. As long as the seller has a good rating it's been fine for me.

That said, i'd probably go with the USCamera link above for convenience since it's here. I've bought parts from them before and they're pretty reliable and quick.

Light seal kits are problematic, especially if you've little to no experience. Always found simple thin, self-adhesive backed craft store sheet foam up to the task. It's easily cut to size with a single-edge razor blade and a straight edge.Most 35mm SLRs only need the film door hinge seal replaced, along with the mirror seal/bumper. Foam along the length of the film door typically served only to block dust/ moisture--not light.

I usually grab them from eBay as mentioned. I have never had an issue with them.

The real key is to make sure the old seal is completely removed glue and all. I like using a little bit of Naptha on a Q-Tip to really clean the area before applying the new seal. If you are replacing the thing door seals one of those dentist tools does wonders to scrape the old seal out.

Most reactions

Back