light tent

rhncue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I asked a similer question in the basics catagory but I beleive I used the wrong terms. I asked about a soft box but what I'm trying to do is build something where I can take great pictures of pool cues where the photo's are bright but without any glare to put on my web-site. I figuire a frame about 6X6X32 that I would cover with some type of light cloth or paper. I'll probably need two or three lights along it's length to get even lighting. I beleive I need strobe lights as I'm scared to leave that many brite lights on constantly for fear of a fire. Does this sound feasable? What strobe lights would you recommend and how many for even lighting? This is the only thing this set-up will be used for so the lights I don't think need to be very versatile. Trying to get by as cheap as possible. I'm using a Nikon D-50. The flash that is on the camera is not nearly bright enough so I ordered an SB-600 this afternoon.
Any ideas?
Dick

Could you just use a flourescent shop light with some fabric over it? You'd probably have to ajust white balance, but you shouldn't have issues with heat, and a 4 feet, you'll have plenty of coverage. That should keep you in the $20 range.

Most reactions

Back