Light

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The photo speaks for itself.. If you would like to re-edit this please do.
LIGHTB%7E1.jpg

either i don't see the pic, either the little red x is a brilliant abstract... :lol:

...you sure you got the right url?

I like all your "old" photos, they look worn and scratched and unperfect and are therefore quite a style of their own. Your style. Very nice. So are all these from former times when you produced the posters, or were this, for example, taken recently, only following your "retro" style.

I like the light in it. And the desaturated colours. AND the scratches and the grain!

This particular one is from a shot I made to test a camera. I build so many retros, then tear them up and rebuild them, that I am constantly testing. In other words most are recent camera tests.

I am trying to get a 4x5 that I like now, when I do I'm going to start studio testing with different retro lighting. I really want to try portraits but I'm mostly doing landscape and poster art type things.

People are hard to come by this time of year.

I have pretty much settled on a custom 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 as one format im going to work in these days. Also the standard 6x7 roll film format. The 4x5 is a lark but I am going to try to get a reliable one with a retro lens before I stop camera building.

It's strange but I caught a break a few years ago. I was told to settle my affairs since It was unlikely I would make it to the end of the year.. Since I didn't want to leave my wife with a ton of cameras, I sold off all my studio equipment.

As time went on and I didn't pass away, I began to buy old cameras that were cheap and to shoot with them. I experimented and bought and distroyed them. This is a learning experience for me. It is my new venture retro. It's fun and it can take up as much of my time as I want to give it.

I'll have to make some pictures of the camera I use. I kind of got wedded to the old polaroids so now I am butchering and rebuilding them into something I can use to make retro prints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back