Lightbox lighting issues

kage65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm having some lighting problems. I've made a light box with squares cut out of the left and right side of the box, covered the holes with crafting tissue paper and pointed two desk lamps at each hole. The lamps each have a 100 watt equivalent fluorescent bulb. In this photo I also have one regular lamp behind the camera. That has a fluorescent bulb that is maybe 75 watts.
Here is the pic
IMG 5539 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Any ideas on how to reduce all that glare on the sides of the bottle? Thanks.

Thanks I will try that. Some white t shirts maybe?

Angle of reflection. You need to move it out of the way of so it doesn't reflect back into the camera lens, or angle the camera out of the way. It's the same problem you have when photographing people wearing glasses, especially sun glasses.

Thanks I will try that. Some white t shirts maybe?
You're already working with minimal light, IMO, so I wouldn't use a tee shirt.

You could try reflecting the lights off a large white panel at the location of the camera. Cut a hole for the lens, bend the panel into a curve, aim the lights (one on each side) at the reflector.

You can also try to manage the reflection by using a strip box, making the reflection slimmer and longer. It will act like an edge "enhancer" and less of a reflection.

The light bulbs themselves seem to be pretty "hot"...needs more diffusing material...since you're working with a still product, not too much downside to adding more diffusion material, just slow the shutter time down to offset the lowered output. You could add two more sheets of tracing paper, something like that. T-shirt material would cut down the light a LOT, compared against tracing paper.

Most reactions

Back