Lightbox Photos C&C

Chriss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright so I just made a little makeshift lightbox and tested it out. Any advice you can offer on the photos or on light boxes in general?

GevaliaCoffee3.jpg

GevaliaCoffee2.jpg

GevaliaCoffee1.jpg

When photographing a subject in a lightbox there is no reason to off center it. Your focus is on the item or product and only that, so might as well put it in the middle.

You need to light the objects as well. You also need some reflectors. So get a flash and some foam core and watch how much different your shot will be.

Good point. I had just been reading the rule of the thirds article and i guess i never considered that there wasn't anything interesting to include in the background.

White balance?

Oh, and your horizon is tilted.

What would you recommend for an off camera flash with a $50 budget? :p (or something that would work as an off camera flash)

Last edited:
Rule of thirds only apply in certain situations. This wouldn't be one of them. You want to show the viewer your box of coffee, that's it nothing else.

Hows this? Still tilted, I know, but is it better?

Coffee3.jpg

Change your white balance to Tungsten and re-shoot... That should correct some of the color issues and make your background look white :)

Here was my last light box shot, I know the lighting isn't exactly even, but the background is white
USETHIS.jpg

This was done without a flash, and three desk lamp lights from Wally world...

All of these have been taken on tungsten :/

You have a lot of light over the top of the box which is making the front hard to read. Try lowering the power of the light on top and add two lights on the sides, facing the front label of the box.

Also, your shooting from above the box. Try shooting on the same level of the box (or slightly above) like Sirashley did with his/her gumby ipod.

Thats funny i used that same article to make mine :p. Although... maybe i shouldve said this before but im only lighting one side and its with a yellow bulb not a white one... is that the problem?

Heres one taken level with the box and with not as much light overhead. Better?

DSC01344.jpg

Most reactions

Back