Lightbox Photos C&C

Anything needing changing?

Your background is blue on the last series, even though the sweep is white, and probably caused by the lamp shade. Get white ones.

I would also suggest to have your two side lights facing the background to blow it out and flag it to stop the overspill.

EDIT: Something happened between my post.... the background is now white(ish), I was on the phone. :biggrin:

Sorry if i should know this but what do you mean by flag it?

Im not sure. I guess i wasnt thinking about that. Ummm anyway heres the others with the corrected white balance.

DSC01462.jpg
Real easy, two button tweak to bring out more of the white.
DSC01447.jpg

Actually i got something called pixelmator :/ its like photoshop except more attuned to macs.

Sorry if i should know this but what do you mean by flag it?
It is placing a barrier (black works well as it absorbs light) on one side of the light source to prevent... no, to control the light from spilling onto your subject. The main light source is used to light your subject. So in this situation, you would place a flag on each light source so that the light is directed towards the background and does not light (spill onto) the subject and have your main (centered above) to light the subject. For these types of shots f/8 to f/11 is appropriate. Since you're on a tripod, it doesn't matter what your shutter speed is.

So like.... id put a black piece of something behind my lamps?

Heres some more colorful fruit.

DSC01531.jpg

You're definitely improving - it's nice to see people taking advice and putting it to good use. That last one is a good shot, though a tad underexposed.

I like this thread. Your doing great, Chris. Each post is better than the last.

Your last one, just watch the dark spots in the front of each of the fruits. Pull some more light foward to eliminate that.

Got it ;). Thanks for all the advice/support guys, i really appreciate it

Most reactions

Back