Lightening

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We had a storm last night so I thought I'd try my hand at lightening shots from my window at work:

thumb_Lightening.jpg

C&C more than welcome, thanks for looking

just checked the weather report and there's due to be a few more storms tomorrow so any C&C would be great :)

Nice shot. Check your focus of the fore ground, try and keep lights out of the fore ground and I suggest using a higher f stop. I managed to capture some lightning last night - let me know what you think - there are two photos of mine in the General Gallery.

They're brilliant! I was trying to keep the lights out of the foreground for a while but couldn't find a way to get it right, there's only one window in my office so I was very limited on composition. Hopefully I'll be in a field tomorrow, during the day and away from the city so my comp should be a lot better (note the 'hopefully'). What effect does the f stop have on the lightening?

Nice going Magic. These are pretty cool.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Chiller :) There's a storm due for tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I'll have my first lightening series tomorrow evening, if I'm really lucky I might even manage to get somewhere near the storm!

magicmonkey said:
Thanks Chiller :) There's a storm due for tomorrow afternoon so hopefully I'll have my first lightening series tomorrow evening, if I'm really lucky I might even manage to get somewhere near the storm!

Right on. Lookin forward to your shots. Stay safe tho..:thumbup:

by the looks of things I'll be very safe, the met ofice seem to have canceled any storms for today, meanies!

Most reactions

Back