Lighthouse C&C

kandrewsvt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A picture of Portland Head Lighthouse, Please C&C Thanks!

15.jpg

I love the colors of it... but the horizon seems to be off and not level... maybe its just me but it look un-level to me

Thanks for the comment, I think your right the horizon does seem off, I think this one looks a little better.

lighthouse12.jpg

Haha I think you went a little too far with the rotation. I gave it a shot, I think it came out pretty straight.
Untitled-1-3.jpg

Very nice and a nice subject. I posted a few of Portland Head here somewhere a while back and I like yours better (now that your horizon is straight).

yeah I think I did go a little far with mine! the light tower didn't look quite straight.

Wonderful view and colours!
As for the composition, I think the lighthouse is too centered.

I agree about the crop maybe crop the lower rock out completely and some of the right side also.
Great shot I love lighthouses and the are hard to get level.
I think it would also look good in B&W
Troy

I love the colors and subject. I like a little something in the foreground to help show scale of how far away something is or just for framing. But using the feed back you received I cropped out the rock in the front. The nice thing about not printing so much anymore and displaying in digital frames, is the viability of creating cropping

Untitled-1-3LSS.jpg

Wonderful view and colours!
As for the composition, I think the lighthouse is too centered.

The rock at the bottom of the photo seems distracting. Plus it's not focused, so it becomes confusing. I would have raised the framing and capture more sky instead.
I was thinking the exact opposite. In his original shot I thought there was too much sky. If there were interesting cloud formations up there I could see the benefit of showing more sky, but since it's a clear sky I like the crop with less sky.

I also agree that the foreground is lacking something...but you can't really do anything about that unless you want to start planting some trees!

Most reactions

Back