Lighthouse Long Exposure

myfotoguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may be shooting a lightouse with a lit beacon at sunset next Friday night. Any thoughst if I should use an ND and try and capture multiple beams/passes? Any other technique (other than normal tripod, remote, mirror-up, etc techniques). Anything in particular to this subject and situation?

On the first Friday of every month the Split Rock Lighthouse beacon will be lit. Split Rock is on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota.

Has anyone been there during the lit beacon? I’m looking for information on what it was like (traffic, were there lots of people, was it crowded, where did you shoot from, etc.)

I found this link which gives locations to get shots from.
Wide Angle : Split Rock Lighthouse

I'm from MN and have spent lots of time up there. Might want to shoot it at sunrise as sunset is behind the hill.. or shoot from a boat?? But you might find an alternative. Lots of cool waterfalls and rapids around there as well.

I'm from MN and have spent lots of time up there. Might want to shoot it at sunrise as sunset is behind the hill.. or shoot from a boat?? But you might find an alternative. Lots of cool waterfalls and rapids around there as well.

Thanks. They only will have it lit the first Friday of the month at sunset, for one hour, for this year only through November. So to get a shot of it lit In only have that time as an option.

I do plan on getting to Goosebury and Temperance.

Thanks.

I don't know any pilots around there but if this is a paid gig I have taken short flights for less than a couple hundred bucks.. That would be a cool angle!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back