Lighthouse Sunset C&C

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is two images stitched together- one that is mostly the lighthouse and the cliff underneath, and the other is mostly the background. Is it a bit too obvious where it switches to the other image? Does the overall image look too "fake"? Any thoughts appreciated.

3208402833_afcb144cda_b.jpg

I would say that it's not that obvious, it's a nice shot. The problem I have is that the sky looks posterized - so either it was just a funny-looking sky or you pushed the saturation up way too much.

Saturation was bumped slightly, but as I recall, the scene was pretty similar to the colors (at least on my monitor). I will say, though, that there have been times watching sunsets here in SoCal, that I thought it looked overdone while watching the real thing...

Thanks for the feedback.

I really like it. As far as the composition, I think it's a very good good job. It just leads the eye right up that hill, to the light house and then off to the right into that pretty sky.

Great job. I think the sky looks good and I think the composition is really good. I wish I had a place like that to shoot. :) Right now I have nothing but white.

I think this is a really nice shot. I love the warm tones to it. The only thing I would change is to have just a bit more landscape left of the lighthouse and crop a bit off the bottom to make its dimensions more that of a panorama. Good work.

Beautiful shot!! I like the sunset colours, and I can't really see the stitch line.

Cheers

This is two images stitched together- one that is mostly the lighthouse and the cliff underneath, and the other is mostly the background. Is it a bit too obvious where it switches to the other image?
I'm guessing that the stitch is near the middle of this image, where that weird black line is. Get rid of that and the image will be pretty clean.
Does the overall image look too "fake"?
No, it actually looks good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back