Lighthouse tour-C&C please

pvclobster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend I visited a lighthouse in Boston harbor. Tried to think some about getting a few photos that were more than just the standard lighthouse picture (and a couple standard ones too). Thoughts on these photos? Thanks!

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0119_2.jpg

lighthouse.jpg

Heya pvclobster, looks like I am the first to give some feedback.

1. I see what your were going for with this, but it doesn't work for me, I am thinking maybe if you had shot closer to the central pole looking up more vertically may have worked perhaps? You also have some seriously blown out areas on the pole and underexposed areas above, on camera flash I am guessing.

2. Again I can see what you were trying to do, this type of photography is not one of my strong points so I cant really offer you much in the way of help here, but you seem to have just the corner in the mid left part of the frame in focus, you also have some over exposure in the background which is a little distracting. Grainy as well, intentional? that does work though, industrial kinda look.

3. Needs some more post to bring it out and I would suggest a much harder crop, the buildings onthe skyline are the feature here IMO, so crop just above the highest building with a little wiggle room to remove the bland sky, also the same with the water, arrgghh I will just show you what I mean...

65cxtrca.jpg

4. Looks good, but it could do with a little PP to bring out a little more, bear in mind my edit is quick and messy.

r6sh5sfm.jpg

1- foreground is blown and I'm nothing is really in focus
2- I think this one would be great if it was a bit more in focus and less noisy
3 and 4 - these are probably the best of the bunch

1 - DOF too shallow; blown out area
2 - focus is off
3 - nice
4 - even nicer

Thanks everyone! I don't think I realized how out of focus the first two photos are because I was just envisioning them the way I knew they were in person. Thanks for pointing that out! And thanks for the suggestion for the skyline crop-I like that.

I it me... or is #4 slightly tilted?

It might just be you... lol jk it doesn't look crooked to me. I like the concept of the first two getting a different view than the usual light house photos but I agree with the comments about them.

Most reactions

Back