Lighting Beginner

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've had my D80 for a little over a year and right now I have the kit lens 18-55 and the 50mm f/1.8. I realized I need to work on my use of lighting, but in a practical way. I've been reading on the strobist's blog about using off camera lighting and affordable flashes and I came to the first lesson: 2 things you need your flash to have. And thats where I'm stuck. I have 2 SB-600's I can use, but I don't know how to use them. How do I use both flashes off camera without using my D80's built in flash? :confused: The lighting world of photography is confusing

I also have the D80 and Nikon strobes. I also am enough beginner to not try to confuse you with my explanation. So---google ken rockwell then go to using nikon strobes wirelessly. It will explain howto set your camera to commander mode and how to set the SB 600s to respond off camera.
Hope this helps.

So I've had my D80 for a little over a year and right now I have the kit lens 18-55 and the 50mm f/1.8. I realized I need to work on my use of lighting, but in a practical way. I've been reading on the strobist's blog about using off camera lighting and affordable flashes and I came to the first lesson: 2 things you need your flash to have. And thats where I'm stuck. I have 2 SB-600's I can use, but I don't know how to use them. How do I use both flashes off camera without using my D80's built in flash? :confused: The lighting world of photography is confusing

I am sure your camera and/or flash manuals would be a good place to start as they must explain the basics on how to use your flashes off camera with the commander mode. Then you can get creative and use more advanced techniques as described on the Strobist.

Most reactions

Back