Lighting kit on ebay: Square Perfect

I'm pretty sure its a scam but you never know...

I've read of a number of people who have purchased that kit. Considering what you get with it and the $237 price, I'd say it's a good way to et your feet wet with simple studio flash work. Three flash units and three stands, light modifiers, a wireless trigger, and three stands for $237? Man....a big cart full of groceries costs that much money,and is gone in 21 days or less...

I bet some people here spend that much a month on lunch and coffee over a month's time. The Square Perfect people have been on eBay for quite some time,and do enough volume with overseas suppliers to have their own product "line". The "type" of products they are selling have been available for 10+ years--eBay now makes it feasible to sell this stuff w/o paying $10,000 a month for an ad in a national photography magazine.

Considering how very little $237 buys today at the gas station, coffee shop, or restaurants, I say "go for it." Buy it, use it, learn from it,and then you'll be much,much more informed about what does what.

I have a friend who bought the setup off ebay a few months ago and while he admits that its a beginner level thing, he has been enjoying learning with it. You really can't go wrong with that price.

He hasn't had any technical issues. He's done a few shoots with it.

I have a friend who bought the setup off ebay a few months ago and while he admits that its a beginner level thing, he has been enjoying learning with it. You really can't go wrong with that price.

He hasn't had any technical issues. He's done a few shoots with it.

would this kit be good for shooting a basketball game? I am one of the campus photographers and I would like to use strobe lighting for games.

I dont know, I never used it. I am unsure how powerful the lights are and if they would be able to properly cover a court. In studio, you can move them closer to your subject and such, but on a basketball court, I don't think they will have a far enough reach to properly light everything.

Plus you are somewhat limited in how and where you place them. Do you have a hotshoe flash that you can use?

I dont know, I never used it. I am unsure how powerful the lights are and if they would be able to properly cover a court. In studio, you can move them closer to your subject and such, but on a basketball court, I don't think they will have a far enough reach to properly light everything.

Plus you are somewhat limited in how and where you place them. Do you have a hotshoe flash that you can use?

I have a cannon 50d so yes, I have a hot shoe =)

I was going to place them in the ceiling and have the strobes shooting down. I can't have a flash on my shoe because it could blind the players.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back