Lighting Kit Recomendation - Outdoor

Aelric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I know this has been asked before, I'm sure, however, I have a rather unusual circumstance. I live in Korea as an ESL teacher, so I only have access to a few products.

I have a friend that is requesting I do a nude shoot for her, knowing that I've don these before. She is Korean herself and in a perfect world, I would guerrilla shoot at a temple or somewhere else that would show both Asian architecture and her, but with Korean indecency laws being what they are, we could all get in a lot of trouble. We have no access to a studio, so that generally means the wilderness, which is where I did a previous nude shoot that didn't turn out very well, mainly due to a lack of fill lighting.

So, the question is, hat would you recommend for an outdoor lighting kit for artistic nudes under a forest canopy, both day and night, depending on situation. I generally have access to Cannon products, Nikon is less widespread, but a few pop up hear and there. White Lightening is nowhere to be found.

Any recommendations? Someone somewhere must have done this before, although admittedly, perhaps not in Korea.

flash and reflector(s). bounce the flash at reflectors, it'll give you soft light plus the little fill here/there. shoot at higher ISO, drag the shutter. since these are portraits, if she's good at not moving 1/30 or 1/20 of sec should be ok. depending on which glass you have, you'll know your limitations how far you can open, keep mind that sharpest apertures are around 2-3stops down from widest open.
have a blast :)

Most reactions

Back