Lighting technique help

That looks like just some basc studio lighting, and most are done with 1 strobe, some with 2:

2362717558_9aab1b64ca_t.jpg

I used 2 strobes at 25-35 degrees to the sides of the subject, used 1 strobe behind the subject and shooting on to the background muselin background giving this halo effect. You can also do this in photoshop, if you have the backdrop already created.

www.strobist.com ;)

He's using a softbox on a lot of them. You can tell by the catch lights in the animals' eyes.

He probably has studio strobes. It's amazing what lighting can do for your photography.

He's using a softbox on a lot of them. You can tell by the catch lights in the animals' eyes.

He probably has studio strobes. It's amazing what lighting can do for your photography.

You do not need a softbox for catchlights in the eyes. I've done it with bare strobes, umbrellas and softboxes. Its all about the angle, not the tool. The pic above was with 2 umbrellas, catchlights are there.

You do not need a softbox for catchlights in the eyes. I've done it with bare strobes, umbrellas and softboxes. Its all about the angle, not the tool. The pic above was with 2 umbrellas, catchlights are there.

But you do need a softbox to create catchlights that are square and follow the curvature of the eyes. You'll notice that in a lot of the person's photos.

I was just pointing out what they were using.

I was just pointing out what they were using.

Oh yes, that... I was not sure how you meant that. Strip lights will give you a huge vertical eye height strip of light, thats if you really want to annoy someone with a wierd look... or give them a really cool look if they are wearing sunglasses.

You can also easily create catchlights in PS, but thats cheating... lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back