Lighting

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rwphotography, Oct 8, 2009.

1. rwphotography

rwphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey everyone!!!!! So, I learned the hard way the other day shooting my brother and his family at a park in the sunlight and boy was there shadows and glare everywhere :thumbdown:. I have no light set up. I do have a Canon 540EZ but decided not to use it for some strange reason. I know it's an older model.

I'm interested in getting lighting equipment that is portable and yes I'm on a budget. I was in my local photography store and I noticed they had some lighting equipment kits and they were ranging from 239-350 dollars which is within my budget. Since I know nothing about lighting equipment, I couldnt even begin to tell everyone what was included other than the lights, umbrellas, and light stand.

When I go back to purchase some lighting equipment, what should I be looking for?

I am also going to be purchasing some circular polarizer filters and i'm using 70-200mm f/2.8 non-IS and 50mm 1.4 on a 50d and Xsi.

Please help and thanks in advance!!!!!

2. chammer

chammer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    im working on building out my first light now - i bought a canon 430ex ii, and today my light stand ($30), and 36" umbrellas came ($13). my umbrella clamp will be here tomorrow which was another $20, and wireless trigger was $30 and should be here next week.

since you already have the flash and if you were to do the same, you'd be looking at roughly $90/light or so.

in case you cant tell..this is going the strobist direction... Strobist

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. rwphotography

rwphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit