Lightroom 1.1 & a Flower

Holy Ghosted

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got lightroom 1.1 and I have been trying to improve my PP tell my what you think

167982885-L.jpg

Too much highlight loss, the image is flat.

Did they fix the grayscale mixer that plauged Lightroom 1.0 in 1.1 by the way?

I concur with Sw1tch. It's flat.

Too much highlight loss, the image is flat.

Did they fix the grayscale mixer that plauged Lightroom 1.0 in 1.1 by the way?

Thanks for the reply Sw1tch I guess I don't under stand about Highlight loss I did not take any highlights out. if you would not mind explaining it to me I would greatly appreciate it. About the grayscale in 1.0 vs 1.1 I realy could not tell you I never got the chance to use it in 1.0 much I was still in my trial when they came out with 1.1. So the best I could do is just post the same pic one color and one gray scale and let you judge if that would be good enough just let me know and tell me were to post it at.

Thanks

I have to agree with the people above me, the shot is just dull, there's nothing there that really stands out color-wise or brightness-wise. It's not a bad shot by any means, it's just not a great shot.

The second shot has better separation, but it still lacks dimension.
Seems a bit contrasty and super saturated, too.

I'm not a big flower fan, but I don't mind these from a composition standpoint. I like the darkness in the background.

yes, you're absolutely right..

many people look at the photos on my website and complain something similar. one reason for that is I have a standard calibrated monitor which is fine tuned for professional editing and printing... often what I find is correct on my screen looks under/super-saturated on other monitors :wink:

I think some of the reason for the shot is it was taken at dusk and I wanted it to portray that look as the flower was starting to come together for the night that is why it is not so bright it is a little dark out that is why there is a long shadow of the stamens. You know catching that last of the warm evening sun.

yes, you're absolutely right..

many people look at the photos on my website and complain something similar. one reason for that is I have a standard calibrated monitor which is fine tuned for professional editing and printing... often what I find is correct on my screen looks under/super-saturated on other monitors :wink:

I wouldn't say that was the case because this monitor is calibrated as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back