Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just downloaded and installed Lightroom 1.1
Much, much, much faster to search by keywords.
Sharpening still a little amateurish compared to PS.

did the grayscale mixer get fixed?

i used lightroom right before photoshop cs3 came out. lightroom is ok but some things were really too "pretty" and i found it using more RAM then needed. i don't really need a cool zoom in animation taking up RAM for no reason. CS3 has lightroom not built into it but it has many of lightroom's features. the new bridge is certainly better than the cs2 bridge and editing jpegs in the camera raw screen is another technique of lightroom. it's a good program for quickly editing photos but if you can just open it in photoshop...what's the point of even having lightroom? i think they're trying to base lightroom around people quickly editing their photos in that then later on moving them to photoshop. i'd rather just get it over with and open it in photoshop! just my opinion..

I don't know what was broken but it seems to be pretty flexible and powerful.

IMO, the grayscale mixer in the retail versions is almost worthless. Not completly, becuase it does infact turn to a grayscale, but it doesn't mix hardly at all well with itself. The mixer in Beta 4 actually works, and is the soul reason I still use the Beta as opposed to the retail version.

I made a thread months ago, and people ignored it. I guess people just didn't do anything in black and white when they used the lightroom beta, so they dont' know how it's supposed to work. Since i'm on dialup for the moment, i'm not going to spend the time to dig it up either.

Most reactions

Back