Lightroom 1.1 or Adobe Elements 6.0

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by damian_i15, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. damian_i15

    damian_i15 TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Coral, FL
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have both program and im really not sure which one to use to edit photos?

    What do the advance users think?
     
  2. subimatt

    subimatt TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    Messages:
    358
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lightroom is my favorite tool, I use it 95% of the time, PS the other 5%.
     
  3. EOS_JD

    EOS_JD TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1,698
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Depends on what you want to do with the images. Personally I use Lightroom for almost all my editing now and only use photoshop for using filters and creating something a little different from my normal edits.
     
  4. Zatodragon

    Zatodragon TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2007
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Washington State
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Yep, lightroom is more designed work flow and over-all corrections and edits while PS is aimed more at precision editing. If your wanting your pictures to only get saturation and contrast bumps or the sort, then definitely stick with lightroom. If your wanting more control and start removing/adding stuff to photos, the PS.
     
  5. thebeginning

    thebeginning TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2005
    Messages:
    3,795
    Likes Received:
    29
    Location:
    Texas
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lightroom for the big chunk of my editing, maybe 75%, then CS2 or CS3 for hand-editing (burning, dodging, masking, layer modification, etc.), resizing, and sharpening.
     
  6. damian_i15

    damian_i15 TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Messages:
    34
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Cape Coral, FL
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I should definitely
    give it a try then...what about elements?
     
  7. EOS_JD

    EOS_JD TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1,698
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Elements is a good way to start with editing your images. CS3 is a far better more feature rich program but elements will be great for a starter.
     
  8. phakimata

    phakimata TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    Messages:
    94
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New York City
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lightroom to develop my RAW files, and the fine-tuning with PS.
     
  9. patrickt

    patrickt TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2007
    Messages:
    312
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    First, update your Lightroom to 1.3. You should be able to find the update on the Adobe site.

    I use Lightroom but rather like the healing tool in Elements.
     
  10. Rabieshund

    Rabieshund TPF Noob!

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Who not use both? Raw conversion in Lightroom and the rest in Photoshop. There are many things and advanced techniques Lightroom could never accomplish.
     

Share This Page