Lightroom 3 released

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's available on amazon for pre-order. Can't wait till I have $100 so I can order my upgrade :)

it is $299 if you don't already have LR2 :)

just thought I'd share :)

299$ for software? no thanks.

Thanks Sarah, mine is in the mail....

Time to head back to UCSD with my old student ID. :)

Does that mean you no longer qualify as a student, based on Adobe's requirements?

If you have a registered copy of LR2, it's only $99 to upgrade to LR3, which is also how much the Student Edition costs.

Last edited:
Lightroom only makes sense if you already have Photoshop. If you don't, then Express Lab within Paintshop Pro X3 at $59 for the combo is a lot cheaper and easier to learn and use.

skieur

Does that mean you no longer qualify as a student, based on Adobe's requirements?
As an alum, I have access to whatever is available in their bookstore; including software. Not to mention there is no expiration on the ID itself, which means I can ride all the busses around La Jolla for free too. :lol:

Does anybody else have the LR3 Beta 2? I know after they released the second beta, the first closed, but the second beta is still working great for me.

I would think Adobe would disable it in order to make you pay for the real deal.

+1

Its a good software but is it worth $300 :thumbdown:

That's a matter of your own personal workflow and knowing what your time is worth. Considering how many hours I spend at the viewfinder and how little time I want to spend at the computer, LR is worth it to me. It keeps track of all my images and makes my PP considerably less painful and time consuming (I frequently start in LR and then export to CS5).

If you don't mind spending a lot of time at your computer rather than out shooting pictures, the answer to your question would probably be 'No'.

+1

Its a good software but is it worth $300 :thumbdown:
Lol, was that a question? If so - my answer would be yes.

...Software is expensive.

The Canon 50mm 1.2 is way more expensive than the 50mm 1.4, which is considerably more expensive than the 50mm 1.8.
They're all fast 50mm lenses... Is the additional cost worth it?

Same thing with software. And $300 is relatively low considering what the alternatives cost.

Does anybody else have the LR3 Beta 2? I know after they released the second beta, the first closed, but the second beta is still working great for me.

I would think Adobe would disable it in order to make you pay for the real deal.
I'm sure it has some date that it will stop working... Who knows when that is though. It doesn't have all of the features of the full version though...

I'm still using LR2 right now... I'll probably get the upgrade in a few weeks...

(Really, I'm debating whether to get that, or another program more suited for film. This. I mean, I'll get both, I just don't know which I want to get first, lol. Probably LR, since it's cheaper...)

I just saved like $500 on my Macbook + software with student discounts. good thing I didn't buy Aperture yet

Most reactions

New Topics

Back