Lightroom 6 is out.

photoguy67

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just thought I would pass along that Lightroom 6 is available and has raw support for Nikon D7200.
Excuse me while I go play.

Kewl. I decided to skip v5 and wait for v6. Now I can upgrade from my v4.4x.
It's paid for itself so far, and much cheaper than the $10/mth plan.

See - Lightroom CC Huh Photography Forum

The Lightroom 6 standalone program does not have the mobile and web components the subscription LR CC version has.
And with the standalone LR 6, you don't get Photoshop CC 2014 included with the $10 a month subscription.

Last edited:

The Lightroom 6 standalone program does not have the mobile and web components the subscription LR CC version has.
And with the standalone LR 6, you don't get Photoshop CC 2014 included with the $10 a month subscription.
Yes that is true. But if you ever get in a situation with no internet access to access CC online ....

here is their comparison of the products
Compare Lightroom versions Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

You don't have to be connected to the internet all the time to run it. Yes, you may not have access to some photos if you keep them on the cloud, but you can access any hard drive or external drives.

You only have to connect every so often for it to verify your subscription.

I absolutely love the LR 6 HDR and Panorama functions. Much better than editing those in Photoshop CC on a pixel-basis and then reimporting back in LR.

Yes that is true. But if you ever get in a situation with no internet access to access CC online ....

here is their comparison of the products
Compare Lightroom versions Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

You don't have to be connected to the internet all the time to run it. Yes, you may not have access to some photos if you keep them on the cloud, but you can access any hard drive or external drives.

You only have to connect every so often for it to verify your subscription.
And it would probably want to connect for subscription confirmation while I'm out hiking.

LR is $80 (I work at a university) so I'd rather pay once instead of each month. My break even is 8 months vs CC, yes I know you get more but I don't want full PhotoShop right now. I have PSE and it's more than enough.

And it would probably want to connect for subscription confirmation while I'm out hiking.
Actually, it would want to confirm when you're connected to the internet, does it in the background, and you never even know it happened, other than the fact that it just keeps working month after month after month.

It's really not an issue, no matter how much you want to use it as an excuse to not use it.

Actually, it would want to confirm when you're connected to the internet, does it in the background, and you never even know it happened, other than the fact that it just keeps working month after month after month.

It's really not an issue, no matter how much you want to use it as an excuse to not use it.
Fine,
If you are up to paying the cost after the 8th month then I'm 100% onboard.
:)

If the issue for you is money, then it's money.

But don't use excuses that aren't valid, like the "connection to the internet" one. And when corrected on it, don't keep trying to use it anyway with some BS about hiking.

But don't use excuses that aren't valid, like the "connection to the internet" one. And when corrected on it, don't keep trying to use it anyway with some BS about hiking.
I do take my camera camping and my laptop is with me (and there's no internet) ... I don't ever see you there so don't say it's BS.
I was unaware of how the CC thing operated. Thanks.

I do take my camera camping and my laptop is with me (and there's no internet) ... I don't ever see you there so don't say it's BS.
You're on here (on the internet) enough to know that's not going to be an issue.
I was unaware of how the CC thing operated. Thanks.
That's why you were corrected on it, and why you can stop using it as an excuse. You're welcome.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I still see no need to buy CC .. just read the last paragraph of the Tom Hogan article that Derrel just posted. Except my costs are less due to the Educational version. Why spend money when you don't have to ? You're welcome too. :)

Every new thing, program, rollout, method, feature, etc., from Adobe is "pathetic" according to Derrel, and he can always find someone on the vast internet to back him up on it. I'm sure Adobe is shaking in its boots over their impending demise because of it. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back