Lightroom and Nikon 200-500

Timppa

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!

I have been using Lightroom 5, and I am perfectly happy with it.
Now I got a Nikon 200-500 and it doesn't have the auto-adjustments for it :/.
I downloaded a trial lightroom 6.9 now and yes it looks nice and yes it has the file, but Since I already got the lightroom 5, I'm not sure if I want to spend money on this upgrade (at least not yet).
Is there a way I could import the Nikon 200-500 data to the Lightroom 5 version?

Thank you in advance!

A few options come to mind right now:
1) Use the Adobe DNG converter and I think that has the latest lens correction updates. I don't use DNG but considered it one time when I had a similar situation.
2) Make your own profile with the Adobe lens correction creator.
3) Look up some of the published distortion and vignette values for the lens and manually apply them.
4) Don't do anything as that lens should not have much distortion or vignetting.

^^ Dave has the best options.

Adobe stopped providing the patches to earlier versions several versions ago.

I came across the same problem with new lens/camera body compatibility when I was on v4.4 and I was looking at a d600 vs d610 and RAW files. d600 RAW was in v4.4; d610 RAW required an upgrade to v5. My P7800 in RAW also needed v5 and my Tamron 150-600. When I finally got my D750 I had to upgrade to v6 so LR would recognize it's RAW files.
LR needed v6.9 (from v6.8) for it to recognize my D500/Tamron 150-600 combo otherwise it didn't recognize the lens.

Right now you are safe with your D7100 and RAW files. Just that you new lens is on the newer version.

Anyways, I would try the workarounds that Dave mentions at least until v7 comes out then figure out what you want to do.

4) Don't do anything as that lens should not have much distortion or vignetting.

That sounds like the best option!
There is indeed very little distortion or vignetting. Maybe I make my own profile to fix the little error there is.

Anyways, I would try the workarounds that Dave mentions at least until v7 comes out then figure out what you want to do.

I will do exactly so. I'm not to worried at this moment, but I'm looking at buying a wide angle lens soon, such as the tamron 10-24. And that will give a lot more trouble.

Thanks for the info :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back