Lightroom and Photoshop

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Ccauceg, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ccauceg

Ccauceg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What are the differences between these programs when it comes to editing? I want to look more into lightroom because it seems like to me that photoshop has alot of tools that I dont even use. Which one do you prefer and why?

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    lightroom is a raw processor with limited editing capabilities... geared towards the photographer... focus on workflow, management and adjustments.

photoshop is far more powerful in terms of editing and creating images (more than just typical adjustments; curves, sat, cont, etc).

The two work well together. If you there are a lot of tools in photoshop you don't use, you might consider lightroom 2. You can download a 30 day trial and determine if there is enough "editing" capabilities in lightroom to suit your needs.

I have an older version of Photoshop and never felt the need to upgrade. So I downloaded the trial and determined that I like lightroom for 90% of what I do. So I purchased a license and stuck to the older version of photoshop.

3. IvyJade

IvyJade TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This helped me decide.....http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2008/archives/2038

And lightroom is more for the PHOTOGRAPHER whereas Photoshop is for EVERYONE