Lightroom and Photoshop

Ccauceg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are the differences between these programs when it comes to editing? I want to look more into lightroom because it seems like to me that photoshop has alot of tools that I dont even use. Which one do you prefer and why?

lightroom is a raw processor with limited editing capabilities... geared towards the photographer... focus on workflow, management and adjustments.

photoshop is far more powerful in terms of editing and creating images (more than just typical adjustments; curves, sat, cont, etc).

The two work well together. If you there are a lot of tools in photoshop you don't use, you might consider lightroom 2. You can download a 30 day trial and determine if there is enough "editing" capabilities in lightroom to suit your needs.

I have an older version of Photoshop and never felt the need to upgrade. So I downloaded the trial and determined that I like lightroom for 90% of what I do. So I purchased a license and stuck to the older version of photoshop.

What are the differences between these programs when it comes to editing? I want to look more into lightroom because it seems like to me that photoshop has alot of tools that I dont even use. Which one do you prefer and why?

This helped me decide.....http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2008/archives/2038

And lightroom is more for the PHOTOGRAPHER whereas Photoshop is for EVERYONE

Most reactions

Back