lightroom cc help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by kelly5577, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Dave442

Dave442 No longer a newbie, moving up!

You, and everyone else in the world, are used to LightRoom CC Classic.

I think Adobe feels the new LightRoom CC is for a pro photographer that flies from NY to LA for a photoshoot, uploads all the images to their cloud and then on the flight back they use their tablet to do an initial edit on the photos and then on their laptop and finally on their desktop when back in NY. At the same time they feel this new LR CC is for someone using a cell phone, uploading to the Adobe cloud, editing and posting to social media. Right now I'm happy to let others be the beta testers for the new LR CC so I cannot tell you yet how I might use it in my workflow.

2. kelly5577

kelly5577 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Thank you all... This really helps so much so as an amateur The tographer who just 6 pictures of my children.. the best thing seems to be sticking with classic.

I also got a laptop to use for editing. Acer Spin 5. Is this fine for editing?

3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    There might be some confusion here as there are actually 3 different Lightrooms. There's Lightroom CC the Cloud Version, Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom Mobile. The first two are available through the monthly pay plan. The cloud version doesn't have all the features of the classic version for editing that the Classic version has, but does allow most basic editing, and you can then send it to PS for final. The "Lightroom Mobile" is an app for android and Apple. I use all android devices so here is a link for android Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC - Android Apps on Google Play The mobile app allows very minimal editing compared to the others, but it will synch you photos with the Classic or the Cloud version. However I can tell you that doing so on the Classic version can really eat up band width if you are on a slower internet connection.

4. kelly5577

kelly5577 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This is all so helpful..
    Thank you all for taking the.time to help me.

One more question

Where i have Lightroom swt up now..whixh I've had foe a while on my desktop, i can still edit.

I got a new laptop for christmas where i want to start editing becasue my desktop when i use lightroom is so slow now.

I researched this and it said to take my serial number and enter it into the website on my laptop to sync it.

Well the serial nunber said it expired. Yet, i am.still able to edit on the desktop... I'm so confused

Any ideas? Any help is muggy appreciated..

5. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    If I understand your problem correctly you want to be able to view the same photos on your laptop as on your desktop. These are two different versions of LR an older expired version on your desktop.

• First of all you need to decide if the desktop will be used in the future of editing. If so then a current monthly subscription allows you to download to one laptop and one desktop.
    • I personally would forget about Sync unless it's to transfer to your mobile app, and I've already explained the problems there which limit my use of that app. Instead I would do the below
    • As to getting your laptop on the same page as your desktop. If you plan to stop using your desktop then I would suggest moving your catalog to a usb drive , then put the USB drive in your laptop. Open LR > Choose File > Import From Another Catalog and navigate to USB drive that contains the catalog you want to add from. Then, click Open (Windows) or Choose (Mac OS). In the Import From Catalog dialog box, do the following: Under Catalog Contents, select the folders that contain the photos you want to import
    • If you choose to use both computers you need to update the desktop with the current version. then move your catalog to an external or network drive that both the laptop and the desktop can access.

6. kelly5577

kelly5577 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thank you so much!! I appreciate it