snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I came "that" close to signing up for the Adobe Lightroom CC last night. Retreated at the last minute. Damn I hate subscription software!! So those of you that use it, tell me how happy you are with it, and the reasons why I should bite the bullet and sign up. I never use Photoshop, and would be totally lost and brand new to it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

I'm staying with LR 5.6 until I get better evidence and even then I'll probably go the non CC route and just get LR6.

Loaded CC. Lightroom 2015. The good and the bad.
The good. looks like a fast and improved version.
The bad. I deleted Ligtroom 5. Then my problems started.
First photos loaded into computer would not open in LR 2015.
Phone 2 hour, Adobe having control of my computer. I now have
Neither LR or PS. Set to resume quest tomorrow. Some of the delay
was my DSL running at incredibly slow speed as the fix was being tried.
But it will get fixed and I will have a great editing system. Ed

Last edited:
I downloaded LR CC the other day and have been pleased with it. I didn't delete LR 5.6 though, I just deleted the shortcut to it.

I've had adobe CC since it dropped to $10 a month and have loved it.

@snerd - I went to the CC in December and paid the year up front. No complaints at all for me. It was really nice to be able to come home and download the newest version last week. The new Pano and HDR is well worth it for me.

Signed up Friday when I saw they had RAW support for D7200. They do have it for desktop version 6 too but I always get the latest and greatest so I just decided it was time.

Just backup your catalogs first, I stumbled a little on the initial catalog update and just blew it away and started again with a fresh copy from my backup. Then i created my first slideshow, never knew you could do that in LR.

Nothing special but my nephews team asked if i would make them one for their team dinner.

I'll be honest - I'd cry if I lost my $10/month LR/PS. I HATE subscription software too, BUT, when you do a cost-analysis, you can't beat $120/year for both programs with full updates.

I've heard that 6.0 will be the last stand-alone version offered. Any truth to that? I nosed around in CC after downloading it last night. Seems to be okay as far as Lightroom. Like I said, I've never used Photoshop, so that's not a deal-breaker or a deal-maker. The GPU acceleration sounds interesting, not sure I had it on or not. I'll play with the 30-day free trial before making a decision, I guess.

I'll be honest - I'd cry if I lost my $10/month LR/PS. I HATE subscription software too, BUT, when you do a cost-analysis, you can't beat $120/year for both programs with full updates.
I saw B&H ran a $99 deal a few days ago. That would have been a deal-maker!

With the upgrade pricing before the subscription plan I was spending a bit more than $120 a year.
Plus I had to wait 18 to 26 months for the next new version.
With the monthly subscription I get the new version much sooner.

LR 6 does not have all the features and so forth that LR CC has.

I can't imagine anything beyond LR 5.4. I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet. I will be the last American to succumb to the "subscription" most likely.

On the Adobe forum I believe i read that 6 would be the last version and that they would not be providing any more updates for previous versions. So even in June there would not be a Camera RAW update for the D7200 to work with LR5. I'll go back and see if I can find that post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back