lightroom no exif data after export to jpeg..

i exported a second set of raw files to new folders, all of which are just fine.

the original files that never moved are the ones that have the issue..

i did recently make new folders, using lightroom i exported each photo to a new folder. all the wood duck photos were exported to a folder called wood ducks. all the chickadees were exported to a folder called chickadees, if i import one of those folders to lightroom all the edits are still there.

well there's your problem.

I use LR's file management to MOVE files (drag and drop) into new folders (which I rarely do as I use the Collections to group similar photos). Though I do move photos from my laptop to an external drive of which the editing is maintained. This is done in the Library mode.

The Export is, if I understand it correctly, to create a standalone file for outside of LR.

i did recently make new folders, using lightroom i exported each photo to a new folder. all the wood duck photos were exported to a folder called wood ducks. all the chickadees were exported to a folder called chickadees, if i import one of those folders to lightroom all the edits are still there.

well there's your problem.

HOW, i exported a photo using light room. lightroom is made to do this.. it makes a new copy of the photo and puts it any place you want. you could do this 100 times if you wanted and nothing should ever happen to the original photo..

I use LR's file management to MOVE files (drag and drop) into new folders (which I rarely do as I use the Collections to group similar photos). Though I do move photos from my laptop to an external drive of which the editing is maintained. This is done in the Library mode.

The Export is, if I understand it correctly, to create a standalone file for outside of LR.

yes and if you want you can import that folder to lightroom later if you want to work on those files again and it leaves the origional file exactly how it was.. when i make a jpeg i use the export function, been doing this for i do not know how long. only different this time i chose origional instead of jepg so it make a new set of raw files. and as i said everything was fine till i updated lightroom.. exporting should not have been a problem.. well there was the exif problem on export to jpeg before i updated but that was the only issue.

i have updated lightroom, even went from lightroom 5 to CC without any issues. this last update was not exporting the data and after the update things were screwed up.. its not something i did unless it was choosing to update lightroom that caused the issue.

i did what i had to do and got things back in order, i just imported the new sets of files and removed the old files and all my photos are fine now..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back