Lightroom/Photoshop rant

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So in my quest to get better especially in portraits I took some 1 on 1 time with a pro photographer in Toronto and the lady (who is not just an amazing photographer but also a wonderful person) showed me her work flow and let me work on her computer with Lightroom and Photoshop.
Now I always used a free RAW editing software, it was good for my needs but now my needs went higher and I really need these 2 Adobe programs.
Well I had 2014 CC Photoshop and Lightroom 5 but the Photoshop didnt read my D750 files so I have decided to get the 10$ from Adobe and get the best and latest.

So I downloaded the Photoshop Cloud and the computer froze when I started working on it.
Phoned Adobe and tech after remotely working on computer told me it clashes with my Lighroom 5 so I need to download the Lighroom cloud version.
I did that and now my computer freezes when I use either the new Lightroom or Photoshop.
Phoned Dell and asked to see if I have hardware problem.
After about an hour Dell tech told me no problem with my computer and I have enough power to deal with either one of these programs.
So I went back to Adobe and their tech again went through my computer for OVER 3 HOURS.
No help!
So I took a local technician in my area, he took my computer checked everything and found no problem with my computer and he admits he cant find problem except that my computer crashes or freezes with ONLY these 2 programs.

So I am fresh out of ideas.
I don't want to buy a brand new computer just for these 2 programs and from looking at internet I see other have this programs

Lightroom 6 Bugs and Performance Issues

I am afraid I will buy new computer and still face same issues thus I will spend money for no good reason.
Need these programs but don't have a way to use it :(

Anyone had same problems ?
Anyone has any advice ?

No. I am having no issue at all, aside from PS not wanting to recognize my video card. What kind of hardware are you running?

Had constand crash in Lightroom 6 when using the graphic processor, but not much problem since I turned it off, and never any that froze the whole computer. Mind you I run the standalone version, not the CC version and they're different.
Generally speaking, when the whole computer freeze or blue screen it's generally a sign of hardware failure. Have you run memory checking software?

Had constand crash in Lightroom 6 when using the graphic processor, but not much problem since I turned it off, and never any that froze the whole computer. Mind you I run the standalone version, not the CC version and they're different.
Generally speaking, when the whole computer freeze or blue screen it's generally a sign of hardware failure. Have you run memory checking software?
How did you turn your graphic processor off ?

My tech checked all that and more.
Trust me my computer got checked and probed by lots of techs and no one has an answer.

That is why I am still puttering along with LR 5.6 and PS 4. I know Adobe will improve the CC experience. I may wait until I can do it as a clean install on a new computer as most problems I have heard of are using CC on a computer that also has/had a standalone version of LR.

How did you turn your graphic processor off ?

Untitled picture.png

I had a lot of trouble with illustrator crashing when that feature was turned on, despite that my GPU is explicitly supported by Adobe. The problems seemed to have stopped, but this could likely be the source of your trouble.

Try completely uninstalling Lightroom and Photoshop, any trace of them from any version. Then install the latest versions.

I have no solution to your problem, but I definitely would NOT throw away good money buying a new computer just in the hopes of fixing the issue. You've already had both the Dell and general computer tech guy tell you there is no reason your computer shouldn't be able to handle these programs, so clearly the problem is something else. I'd do as floatingby suggested and if it still keeps crashing, maybe do as Ido suggests, uninstall any version of LR and PS you have on the computer then reinstall. Actually, maybe uninstall then contact Adobe again and run through reinstall with them.

I've had similar problems with my Dell and LR5.
So many problems that over the past 18 months, Dell warranted me a brand new machine, our tech guys at work spent 40+ hours on it, and eventually I bought a new machine for work, and only use the Dell for LR.
It still freezes, runs slow, and is a total pain.
As a result, I use LR less, and take fewer pictures.

Sad, really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try completely uninstalling Lightroom and Photoshop, any trace of them from any version. Then install the latest versions.

הי עידו, מה נשמע
Hi Ido long time no talk

Did a complete format to computer then installed everything with no help.
My tech disconnected my HD and he used his own HD to check and computer crashed too so its not the problem.

Last edited:
I've had similar problems with my Dell and LR5.
So many problems that over the past 18 months, Dell warranted me a brand new machine, our tech guys at work spent 40+ hours on it, and eventually I bought a new machine for work, and only use the Dell for LR.
It still freezes, runs slow, and is a total pain.
As a result, I use LR less, and take fewer pictures.

Sad, really

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow, sounds like my problem, this is a real PITA, Adobe clearly get out to the market an half cooked dish and serves it hoping no problem appears with their customers.

Two people with Dells having similar issues? Sounds like a Dell problem... :D:p

Or, Adobe is just mad that everyone is running from Flash and wants to annoy people for fun?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back