Lightroom/Photoshop rant

Adobe has a long history of sticking their noses into portions of the operating system that they have no business getting into. I had an issue a number of years ago where one of the computers on the network crashed every single time the user tried to print anything from anything. I finally found out that she had recently installed an upgrade to Adobe Acrobat. Uninstalled it and everything worked fine. Installed it again and nothing would print. Tried the same thing again with the same results.

In my personal opinion there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your computer.

I have both Photoshop and Lightroom at home (both are legal copies on DVD) and cannot stand either one of them. I finally got sick of them taking up disk space and uninstalled them. I'll stick with Capture NX2 and DxO Optics.

Try completely uninstalling Lightroom and Photoshop, any trace of them from any version. Then install the latest versions.

הי עידו, מה נשמע
Hi Ido long time no talk

Did a complete format to computer then installed everything with no help.
My tech disconnected my HD and he used his own HD to check and computer crashed too so its not the problem.
Hi! I haven't logged into these forums in quite a while indeed. Good to be back.

It's unfortunate that you're having these troubles. I have the latest versions of both Lightroom and Photoshop and have no issues at all . . . Maybe it's a sign from universe that you should download the free trial for Capture One? :icon_sunny:

I decided to upgrade my catalyst so I could use the GPU in LR. I used the latest version (15.7) and it didn't work; constantly crashed.

Read the FAQ and used an older driver (14.4) and it seems to run well.

I have a HD7xxx series card. there were specific documents from Adobe on using my card.

So yesterday I phoned Adobe for the third time, gave them the whole story and demanded to speak with a manager.
Well after an hour the tech which told me he is a Senior Tech need to speak with a Level two Tech.
After that he phoned me again and downloaded some information about my hardware and he said he will have people look into this and they will get back to me and gave me a ticket number.
Who knows maybe they will ask to buy my computer from me LOL

Keeping my fingers crossed, maybe, just maybe a resolution will be found.

Wow, I didnt realize people had so many problems with CC. I used Photoshopt 5.1 for years and last year went to Photoshop CC with Lightroom 5.5 standalone as part of the adobe CC monthly subscription plan. I just updated to Lightroom CC. So right now I have Photoshop 5.1 (32 and 64 bit), Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5.5, and Lightroom CC all on the computer and all run. I have had no issues so far. I only use lightroom as a catalog so I dont know if using it as an editor too might cause these problems. Windows 7 Pro on an HP i7 Laptop.

Wow, I didnt realize people had so many problems with CC. I used Photoshopt 5.1 for years and last year went to Photoshop CC with Lightroom 5.5 standalone as part of the adobe CC monthly subscription plan. I just updated to Lightroom CC. So right now I have Photoshop 5.1 (32 and 64 bit), Photoshop CC, Lightroom 5.5, and Lightroom CC all on the computer and all run. I have had no issues so far. I only use lightroom as a catalog so I dont know if using it as an editor too might cause these problems. Windows 7 Pro on an HP i7 Laptop.

Lucky man :048:

Most reactions

Back