LightRoom ?'s

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by joelhead, Jun 5, 2009.

1. joelhead

joelhead TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ok so i am using LR to pre edit my photos, Lately i have been really happy with how i have been shoot my photos and when i load them into LR it automatically changes them to a certain type of preset. what i want to do is edit the photos based on how i shot them. Another issue i am having is that it automatically takes the photos i have shot in B&W and turns them into color and i dont want it to do that. How do I solove these issues??

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can set whether or not LR applies any presets to the images. You should also be able to make a new preset that sets everything to 'as shot'...if that's what you want it to do.

I'm guessing that you are shooting in RAW?

Even when you set your camera to shooting in B&W, RAW files capture all the color data and show up as color images. IMO, this is a good thing because you have many options when you convert the image to B&W.

3. joelhead

joelhead TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Where do i find the option to not apply presets?

4. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're using Auto Import:

File-->Auto Import-->Auto Import Settings. In this menu, make sure the "Develop Settings" pull down says 'None'.

If you're importing manually every time, a similar menu will be up before import - make sure the develop settings are 'none'.