Like Dropping a Rock

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by abraxas, Nov 23, 2006.

1. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    -

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like them...quite a bit actually.

The only thing that bothers me is the halo effect in the first two.

3. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oooooooohhhhhhh number 7 beeeeeautiful

4. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #5 stands out for me the most. Both for it's composition and color. It seems to hold more natural color tones over the others. The others, with the exception of #8 and maybe #4, all seem to have some type of cross processing. HDR's maybe?

#5 might have a touch of the same processing, if there is any, but it holds the entire tonal range better. And the composition in that one tends to pull the eye almost in a circle around the open area in the center. That's good for viewing the whole image :thumbup:

5. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Big Mike, LostProphet and Woodsac.

The first two are hdr. I need to learn how to do adjustment layers or a mask or something. I haven't cared for the way the sky looks in but a few of the hdr's I tried. It's been a month or so, and I still need to spend some time with, when to use hdr and the post processing in photomatix and further processing in cs2. Even without fooling with hdr, I get halos trying to work with separated sky and foreground layers in cs2.

I'm a fan of Galen Rowell's work ( http://mountainlight.com/ ), and want to try to bring out the colors I see in the desert at times- the way I remember it looked when I get back at the computer. Thus, the cross-processing. I read an article the other day about the 4 primary adjustments in ps: levels, curves, hues/saturation, and selective color. So I tried 'em all,... at once. Practice & learning what and when I suppose, will tell over time. #6 is my favorite. The wife tells me it's too red. I think I bite off more than I can chew. I need to be more selective and take more time with working with each shot, while shooting and post processing.