Like Motorcycles?

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I think you'll like this one!

Bike_photomatix_EDIT_2_FINAL.jpg

I created this in Photomatix from three exposures 2 stops apart from eachother. This bike is from Post Alley just under the market.

That, as usual, is fantastic.

Is that all prosessed in Photomatix?

If you dont mind me asking, how much is that program, as I have the trial version and am thinking of upgrading.

100 for stand alone. About 70 for CS2 tonemapping plug-in. There is a free program though.

Awesome shot.

Not Really! Hope you'll like this. :thumbup:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=183831

Download the FREE software, make sure you get the DLL files also. Unzip it all, move it into one folder. BINGO! It works. I only found this Saturday morning after a night of trying to install the Ubuntu version for about five hours. (bangs head against desk)

For Windows users. After you put all the files into the folder on your computer, lets say you use the name "C:\HDR" then right click on the desktop > NEW > SHORTCUT > BROWSE

Then point the new shortcut to C:\HDR\qtpfsgui.exe (assuming that you put the files on C: in the folder HDR) You could have used C:\program files\qtpfsgui\qtpfsgui.exe which would be more standard. It doesn't matter.

OK? Now you will see a new shortcut on the desktop with a rainbow of colors across it and "qtpfsgui" under it. Double click... You're off.

Try the standard default setting for the first one.

It makes more realistic looking combined images than Photomatix, but you can change the settings if you like drama and more contrast.

How does free sound?

By the way Linux users, this is a nice one that was originally designed to run under that operating system.

100 for stand alone. About 70 for CS2 tonemapping plug-in.

Yep.

That, as usual, is fantastic.

Is that all prosessed in Photomatix?

If you dont mind me asking, how much is that program, as I have the trial version and am thinking of upgrading.
when I imported my images into lightroom, i matched the WB's, than exported them as tiffs, opened Photomatix, imported them, generated the HDR, did my tone mapping in that, brought the HDR back into lightroom, put more pizazz in it, than exported it into CS2 where I did my dodging and burning, cloning, etc.. all done as a TIFF.

yes it did! thank you everyone!

hmm, i really thought this was going to create more buzz.

:???:

Stunning image, AJ. GREAT job with that.

I love motorcyles AND live in Seattle. If you don't mind can I cross-post this on a local forum? PNWRiders.com in case you want to see it.

BTW, is that by the market? Edit: nm... just saw the bottom of your post.

beautiful

i never thought of using the post alley as a backdrop

Good job.
First, good eye to see the potential HDR. I've said it several times, not all shots work for HDR, this was a good choice.

You chose a good angle too. It draws the eye through the entire frame. My only suggestion for improvement is minor. I would spend a little time doing some dodge/burn around the top area of the handlebars. I think if you do some selective dodge/burn to the lights, gauge and bars, it will help focus on the front of the bike more.

Right now, most of my attention goes toward the rear of the bike where it's the brightest. But that's no big deal. Again, good job on this one :)

Most reactions

Back