Like Snot Dripping from a 3 yr. Old's Nose

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out today running errands and it was getting late so my wife & I decided to just grab fast food on the way home. I'm in the drive thru placing our order when I see a special note on the display: They had deep fried Twinkies! WTF! I said to my wife, "that's insane, do you believe that? Have you ever heard of that?" And she says, "sure we had those when I was a kid in Memphis." "Explains some things about Memphis," I said.

Well I had to buy one because......... just because.

I took it home, put it on a plate and cut it in half. My wife says, "Oh gross! It looks like snot dripping from a 3 yr. old's nose!"

Joe

twinkie_snot2.jpg

P.S. I am not eating it.

Last edited:
Deep fried Twinkies aren't bad, but if you want a real treat try a deep fried Moon Pie

I had part of a battered, deep-fried Snickers candy bar at the Polk County Fair about a decade ago. Hmmmmm...it was interesting. Not all that great really. I dunno...since the Twinkie brand was sold, I've had exactly one new-style Twinkie, and it seemed to me to be, somehow different than the older ones. I dunno...this deep-fried one you photographed looks awful, just awful.

Looks Yummy, When I Visit The South Again Later This Year Can I Buy That At Bojangles??? ;-)

Cheers,

Enezdez

OK, I tasted it. It was crunchy outside and very sweet. They must dip it in a sweetened batter. But I had to get past my natural instinct of revulsion. It's just wrong. Not sure I know why it's wrong but it is.

Joe

Deep fried Twinkies aren't bad, but if you want a real treat try a deep fried Moon Pie

Who thinks these things up? Somebody with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands? Hey, let's go fire up the fryer, throw stuff in and see what happens?

Joe

I had part of a battered, deep-fried Snickers candy bar at the Polk County Fair about a decade ago. Hmmmmm...it was interesting. Not all that great really. I dunno...since the Twinkie brand was sold, I've had exactly one new-style Twinkie, and it seemed to me to be, somehow different than the older ones. I dunno...this deep-fried one you photographed looks awful, just awful.

Yeah, my wife said county fair -- that's where she'd seen them. I stopped at the MO state fair once and saw the Spam recipe contest. Took a photo of the winner.

spam.jpg

So lunch today will be Spam salad with deep fried cake and candy for desert. Time to shut up because my next comment is going to stray past the boundaries of political correctness.

Joe

Looks Yummy, When I Visit The South Again Later This Year Can I Buy That At Bojangles??? ;-)

Cheers,

Enezdez

It does seem like these things originate more south than north, but I'm betting that's a false and biased assumption. I'm sure they can think up something just as disgusting in Minnesota. In fact my son lives up there and married a local whose Grandfather proceeded to feed the poor boy lutefisk. It was so gross he brought some down here and forced it on me so he could watch me and laugh.

Joe

Cheers,

Enezdez

It does seem like these things originate more south than north, but I'm betting that's a false and biased assumption. I'm sure they can think up something just as disgusting in Minnesota. In fact my son lives up there and married a local whose Grandfather proceeded to feed the poor boy lutefisk. It was so gross he brought some down here and forced it on me so he could watch me and laugh.

Joe

Scared to ask but I must, what is lutefisk?... Is that some Norwegian/Icelandic dish from traditional emigres to the region?

I dunno...since the Twinkie brand was sold, I've had exactly one new-style Twinkie, and it seemed to me to be, somehow different than the older ones.
Same here, Derrel.

I didn't often eat Twinkies any more, anyway, but the one-and-only package I bought after they came back out missed the mark and I haven't bought another since. Wasn't the same size, consistency or taste as the originals.

Cheers,

Enezdez

Joe

Scared to ask but I must, what is lutefisk?... Is that some Norwegian/Icelandic dish from traditional emigres to the region?

They soak/preserve fish in lye which basically turns the fish into fish Jello. Great way to activate your gag reflex.

Joe

Most reactions

Back