Lily Pads

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by thespeedyshutter, Jun 5, 2007.

1. thespeedyshutter

thespeedyshutter TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just want everyone's comments on this photograph, Took this one a few years back, I have been away from photography and am getting back into it, I have really missed taken photographs and hope to change careers to something in photography sometime soon. [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    IMO, this kind of picture depends a lot on absolute crispness of the image for its impact. It's really hard to see anything at this size. Could you perhaps post a larger one?

Thanks.

3. LisaD

LisaD TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think that the angle it was shot at is off. You get much more depth in you subjects if you don't stand flat on to them. If you could have crouched down lower like at 45 degrees relative to the ceter flower it might have been more interesting. The lighting also looks a little flat - need a fill to have punched it up a bit.

4. New England Moments

New England Moments TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Would also like to see it larger... but from this size all looks ok.. Nice composition, like the darker feel to this shot, brings on the color... the detail and DOF look good also...
    but don't stop here with a shot like this play around with Point of View, and other compositions... then compare what you have here... a typical shot like this would be more from the side on angle... so you have already stepped out of the box here with this view --> Congrats!

5. HyperSniper

HyperSniper TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The shot is really good, but it probably could have been better if the angle was a tad lower.