Line through images

rwalsh81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right board but here goes. When I'm shooting using my live view window I see what looks like a scratch but if I look through the view finder I don't. I've taken test shots using both and if I shoot using the live viewer the "scratch" is there but through the view finder it doesn't show up. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how can I fix this?

You didn't mention your camera model. But I'm guessing there's a scratch on your LCD.

But the real question is... after you shoot the image and import it to your computer... do you see it on the computer?

If not, then at least it isn't impacting your results. You can probably have the display replaced (depending on camera) but that probably wont be cheap (and not worthwhile if it's an older camera).

I'm shooting on Canon T6 and it does appear when I import the pictures. But again only on the ones I used the live window for. If I used the traditional view finder the pictures look normal

Here's one with what appears to be the "scratch"
IMG_3775.jpg

And here's one though the traditional viewer with no scratch
IMG_3781.jpg

Oh and to answer one question that may come yes I have tried changing lenses in case it was one of them.

Here's one with what appears to be the "scratch" View attachment 151098
The dark spot in the image looks like a dust bunny on your image sensor. I would circle the spot I'm referring to but you have chosen Photos Not OK to Edit.
It doesn't show up in the kitchen image because there is more detail in the image and the part of the image where the dust bunny would be is bright.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back